Will I notice a difference between DDR-800 vs DDR-1033

So I bought all my Core2Duo gear and with the purchase I bought the OCZ Plat Rev 2 DDR2-800 4-4-4-15 ram. A few days later there was a KILLER deal on ram on NCIX for the Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1033 5-5-5-15 ram so I bought it knowing I could RMA either sticks after I decided on one or the other. Now obviously the Ballistix with its Micron DMGH9 should theoretically trounce over the Rev 2 with its ProMo chips. HOWEVER having said so I don't care about benchmarks and all I want is gaming performance. I have read oodles of reviews and comparisons and they all contradict each other. Some say that there is no noticeable gains at all, while others are like holy [email protected])*(@)!*!! DDR2-1033 is WAY BETTER FOR GAMES.

Just wanted to get some opinions from people here on the street. Fire away!

The difference will be so slight in most cases it won't matter. The only real benefit (in my opinion) is that you'd have more divider options when overclocking your cpu.

But no, not worth it.

Been doing a bit of testing unfortunately not with gaming and all, more memtest trying to get memory stable. And at 800MHz 4-4-4-15 (With that same OCZ kit) I get 4062mb/s bandwith and 4840mb/s at a bit over 1000 5-5-5-15 (Not entirely stable there, trying to nail down the problem).

I doubt ~800mb/s will give a huge difference in gaming performance, however it may let you clock your cpu higher depending on what divider you use and all and that could give you some nice gaming performance boosts.

I have a thread here a couple posts down on the page where RyderOCZ said the OCZ kit will typically hit about 940-960 OCing the OCZ stuff.

EDIT:: Dan beat me to it, I agree. Not much of a difference besides what dividers to use and all. I could have said it in a lot less words I guess ;)