Need Help. Temps no lower with the Noctua

Guest Gir_merged

Room temps can play a large part in determining cpu and case temps.

I ordered a digital room temp thermometer/hygrometer for cheap($10 shipped)

For me, it's one of those things I won't ever be able to do without when it comes to tinkering with PCs.

Gir, I would not worry about those temps, they are fine. You may want to send that cooler back if you are unhappy with it.

Going from my Zalman cnps7700 to this Tuniq I get about 5-6c lower on average under load. 44c down from 50c.

Being it's the beginning of summer in Texas, my ambient air-conditioned room temps vary from 21-24c with 50-55% humidity.

Curious though, what does CoreTemp report?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that im unhappy with the cooler, it looks great and mounts alot easier than the 9500 and it seems to be just as good.

core temp is reading 39-42 under 100% load (changes rapidely between them). and im assuming by you asking that the i should be concerned with the cpu diode temp in everest not the "cpu" temp which is monitoring the socket area

and the concern with temps is i want to overclock this think but if i am pushing the threshold at stock speeds i dare not temp fate

i also have it volted to 1.35 now as well (auto puts it 10 1.4) and cpu-z sats 1.368-1.378 and cpuid in everest read 1.344and may cycle a little lower

i booted it at 2.8 with 1.5v and after 10miutes (in 100cpu usage bench test)temps reached 44-46 (rapid changing) according to coretemp/cpu diode temp in everest (everest cpu temp said 55/56 but thats not the temp to be concerned with correct since it's not actually the cpu's temp just the socket temp) but then the system shut down so i am going to up the voltage a little. anyways things are looking good now.

just making sure that the cpu diode temp in everest and the coretemp temp is what i am looking to keep under 50c correct and not the "cpu" temp in everest

I think that you are doing well for your room temp. Also the Noctua is good, but then so is the 9500, its not like your going from stock. if I did the same I would not expect to see more than 1~2c change whatever the direction.

Another way is to remove the case side and see if there is a lot of temp change, if there is than you need more air flowing in and out of the case (and you do need in and out).

Did you check the contact surface of the HS/f ?, its a good quality unit so I expect that its flat, but you never know there might be a problem with the mounting and it is not sitting flat, or one that got past the quality checking... But again your temps are not too bad.

As for TIM just about every time I have seen, or read (web pages) about someone putting the stuff on they use too much, and I expect that most users would get the same result with the cheapest stuff, or not using any at all.

il putting the smallest amount i can get to come outa the tube about 1/4-1/2 bb sized its a tiny tiny amount

I ordered a digital room temp thermometer/hygrometer for cheap($10 shipped)

Where did you order it from? That would be pretty handy to have around.

I got a better indoor/outdoor thermometer that has a long corder probe and i set it right next to my case and i'm getting 26.6c and my idle temp is 36/37c ish. i think i am gouint to try and remount the noctua one last time and see.

WOW i remounted it and im getting 29-31idle (EDIT ambients seems to be a tad cooler but idle is 31-33 now) and 33-35 load (EDIT just hit36 a couple times)(according to core temp, it cycles those temps rapidly) with an ambient of 26.2

EDIT temps were done during superpi and im running call of juarez and temps jump to 37/38/39

i must say i am a little more impressed with the cooler now

and the themometer i got was from walmart and was like $6 i believe

Yeah it's a little heavy but im not worried about it at all, something about there brackets are suppose to make it safer

and ambient 22.9 and idle 26/27 right now, dont have time to test load gotta head off to work

Yeah it's a little heavy but im not worried about it at all, something about there brackets are suppose to make it safer

and ambient 22.9 and idle 26/27 right now, dont have time to test load gotta head off to work

like many of us told ya, ambiant temp can play alot

im on my server rig rig now which idle @ 35C usualy with a romp temp of 20C but the room temp is now 28 and im idle at 45 right now

man i am almost considering getting a window ac unit to freeze this room like i had at my old place. Temps would be cold as . in the room and man did things run cool. only thing stopping me is the extra $100 a month to the power pill