Sign in to follow this  
Smitty2k1

Controlling Fan Speed

I understand that my Mobo has built in fan controllers for the CPU, Fan 2, and Chipset fan connectors. However, using the Speedfan program, I can only control the speed of any of the fans that are connected through a zalman fanmate 2. All 3 fans are plugged into the motherboard via the 3 pin header, not the 4 pin power. I've tried the Zalman fanmate on the CPU and chipset fan and only the one plugged into it is controllable via Speedfan. Is this how this should work? Do I really need to put fanmates on all 3 fans?!

if you want to control the fannage, one must run the power to a fan controller.......you can set the fans to come on and off at certain temps in the bios, but you can not control the RPM's (unless you get a fan with a built in thermister, rpm's self contolled via sensor).....

as a general rule, i avoid using the MB fan pinouts except for chipset fannage or stock CPU cooling setups.......if you are planning on clocking, this is a good rule to follow as higher output fannage can cause problems on the MB pinouts............

laterz...