Military or bust………………

tasr

My son is graduating from high school this Friday with a GPA of 3.8. He was awarded a scholarship from the American Legion. His main interests this past 4 years were JROTC, Ruby and ballroom dancing. He did 4 full years of JROTC along with his senior class project in JROTC. He was a member of the JROTC Raiders team for three years. He was the Captain of the color guard and drill team. He performed well over a 100 color guards for various events and competitions. He even was the color guard on many occasions for our local hockey team the Hershey Bears. Most recently performed the color guard for the Bears at the Calder Cup playoffs. He will be enlisting in the US Marine Corps in the infantry. What can I say, he wants to fight. It must have been the ballroom dancing. :eek:

I also wanted to take note, that I heard that one of the Street’s moderators will or is thinking about joining the military. Technodanvan I think made reference about joining the Air Force. So I wish him well and good luck in his military ventures.

Anybody else having plans on joining the military?

If you served with the armed forces or not, join me in wishing these two fine individuals God speed and a safe service. :)

I'm already almost done with all the enlistment paperwork... I'm being picky and insisting on a guaranteed job (3C3X1, Communications and Computer Systems Planning and Implementation) so it's taking a lot longer than I expected, but it's going... they screwed up my job assignment the first time last month so it got re-submitted this month... by the end of the year I'll be getting off the bus at Basic Training... can't wait believe it or not! 2 Months of Pure Hell... should be fun... NOTHING like Marine corp boot camp though!!! That's 13 weeks that wishes it was hell, lol

I wish your Son good luck Tasr!

United States Air Force Security Policeman 1966-1970.

Once was enough for me.

But I went to college on the GI Bill.

Bought my 1st home with the GI Bill.

And the VA Hospitals saved my butt over the last six months.

The Military isn't for everyone but it can be a great experience.

Good luck to all and safe return to all that decide to go.

I also wanted to take note, that I heard that one of the Street’s moderators will or is thinking about joining the military. Technodanvan I think made reference about joining the Air Force. So I wish him well and good luck in his military ventures.

Haven't quite decided what I'm doing yet, but I'll have to decide soon if I want to get in by August.

San Antonio isn't too bad as far as weather goes. I went during August and if anything it helps you get into better shape faster.

That's what I was thinking too. Plus I don't have anywhere to live once my lease runs out at the end of July (unless I want to go back home with the parents...and that . ain't happening).

That's what I was thinking too. Plus I don't have anywhere to live once my lease runs out at the end of July (unless I want to go back home with the parents...and that . ain't happening).

Depending on what job you choose though it could easily take more than a few months to get it guarenteed. I was on DEP for like 6 months and I was ready to go right then. But since I wanted a guarenteed job (3C0X1) I had to wait longer.

But for anyone wanting to enlist never signup "open general"...cause they are gonna give you whatever job THEY want you to have.

Tell him goodluck keeping the girls off him for me :) sounds like you have a real class act for a son, good work!
Thanks Splave! He is a really good kid. I've got to hand it to him he knows what he wants to do.

I was going to go 3C0X1 raiderfan, but there are so many right now it ridiculous... more chance of getting put doing something other than your normal job when you deploy (like convoy duty :rolleyes:) so I chose 3C3... That's what I want to do later on when I get out anyway...