You think our rules are strict?

ie: this is what happens when forums become overrun with...idiots. I've totally been in this guy's shoes. I've pretty much written out rules EXACTLY (lol) as he has for his forum...I just let the moderators talk me into not actually implementing them (though sometimes the party lines were split down the middle, so feel good I guess that we all have decided, for now haha, that we'll not need to be this strict).

however, I feel if we were still a support forum for a company, this is exactly what it would have eventually boiled down to...

http://74.208.9.140/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5716

(Score Hero forums, it's a very safe website)

When you ban someone, is that implemented by user name, or something more specific? In my mind, what would prevent an idiot (albeit persistent one) from re-registering and starting over?

When you ban someone, is that implemented by user name, or something more specific? In my mind, what would prevent an idiot (albeit persistent one) from re-registering and starting over?

Generally by username only.

If we suspect someone of making another account after being banned, we can check their registration IP. Sometimes their email addresses are similar as well (i.e. superoverclocker@hotmail vs. superoverclocker@gmail)

In extreme circumstances we can ban IP's or (such as with the spambots of late) ban specific email domains.

Anyways, doesn't seem too extreme to me. I'm sure he'll become a bit more lenient as more people catch on (sorta like we have) but yeah...there are some people I'd like to ban twice. And unfortunately (fortunately?) I think that I've had to do that as well.

By the way jach - the combined size of those images can't be more than 50kb. ;)

I've been banned twice, not for being an idiot, but for pointing it out to someone else. Just so happened they had admin powers.

Disclaimer: This was meant to be humorous.

I have to agree with techno that this forum has grown very lenient...or maybe not lenient, just the fact that we are no longer a support forum, we are now a voluntary forum (ie no reason to come here other than you like it here) means 90% of the idiots have wandered off.

I don't mean to sound so harsh against any members of this forum....but if you took offense to what I just said, then you are probably one of those idiots we are talking about. I for one am very relived that all we have to worry about these days is 99% spam, 1% idiots.

Riz has got to do what he has to to eliminate BS and erroneous information.

I sometimes feel that an "idiot ban" would be in order for some ppl; but then again we're here to help them learn.

I think that you should institute the "Flat out wrong ban" here happy. If you give an answer that is just plain wrong, in every capacity (such as a guy saying that you can run crossfire on an nvidia chipset) you get instantly banned for three days. I don't mean things like, misread posts and given crappy info that doesn't work. Just stuff that is completely and unarguably false.

"You can run crossfire on your SLI-DR!" = three day ban

"You can run SLI on your intel chipset with hacked drivers." = no ban because, you can on a 975X.

"Running 5-5-5-15 timings is better than 4-4-4-12 timings at the same RAM speed." = ban

"A 1900XTX is faster than an 8800GTX" = ban

You get the drift.