Sign in to follow this  
stringerB

Which 22" widepanel?

I am looking at two monitors, the first being the Samsung 226BW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001096 and the LG L226WTQ-BF http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...nch_LCD_Monitor.

Both have the same specs, but need opinions please. This monitor will be used mostly for gaming, driven by a 8800 GTS 640mb.

226bw is amazing for gaming and my 8800gts 320mb drives it just great!

Those two makers are among the very best when it comes to monitors. You will not regret any one of them. I have a 225BW Samsung and when my brother needed one for his room I was in charge for shopping for him and got him a 32" or something LG.

Thanks for the replys!

I am "trying out" the LG as I type this, as I had a boatload of store credit at BB and 14 days to return.

I hate to return merch, but I don't like the picture on this LG as much as the Sammy 8ms 19" that I was using last week. COD2 looks like caca in darkened (night) portions of the game @ 1680x1050.

Thanks again!

I picked up a 22" Wwestinghouse LCM-22w2 for 200$ during the Holidays. It's a great monitor for not a lot. Awesome picture, low response time, multiple inputs, etc. I plan on hooking an Xbox 360 up to it in the future.

In your case I would say go with the LG. They are generally high quality and superb performance.

i had the 226bw but i hated it

ghosting, backlight bleeding, i had c panel and a panell

go for the LG

Thanks for the added wisdom.

Another geek at work showed me a trick to check for ghosting. Open a half size window, and drag the window around the monitor. You should be able to read font as the window is moving across the screen.

On this LG, during movement the black fonts are illegible and are followed by a white shadow behind the direction of movement. I have never really paid much attention to "ghosting", but now that I am paying some hard earned coin on a widescreen, I would like to make sure it is spent wisely.

Do the Samsungs have the same personalities as far as the above described?

umm just did you test and read your whole post fine while moving it back and forth pretty quickly

Good one, splave!

Just the FireFox toolbar "file, edit, history, bookmarks, etc".

The concept seems kosher for checking refresh rate, but I have never heard of it done this way.

Is that "MagicSpeed" always on or not. Some of these speed enhancers can introduce ghosting (mainly pre-ghosting) as they try to pre-empt the pixel change. I found a vid online showing this when I was looking into getting my LCD but as always I didn't keep the links etc., I'm also fairly sure it was a Samsung model too. Different firmware/revisions can change this too.

I'm using the Samsung 225BW right now. I really like the thin black bezel and the vertical height adjustment. This makes it easy to match the height of my Samsung 191t display for super dual display action.

Sign in to follow this