Sign in to follow this  
bsly137

DFI nf4 ultra-d and memory upgrade problems

i recently purchaged 2 512 DDR 400 dimms and i was planning on using them with my existing 2 512 DDR 400 dimms. Both sets of dimms are similar and are from the same manufacturer (OCZ). my original set is DDR 400 with speeds of cas 2 2-2-5 and the new ram i purchased is DDR 400 with speeds of case 2 2-3-5.

so basically i installed all 4 dimms with the original ram in the 2 orange slots and the new ram in the 2 yellow slots but my cpu would not boot. all it would do is give me a constant long beep. normally when it does post it will give a short beep and continue to load up.

ive read on the forums that usually when running all 4 dimms you have to run the command time and 2T instead of 1T.

Do you guys think this is my problem? I was considering RMA"ing" the new ram since i could not get my computer to post with it but i haven't tried specifially setting the command time to 2T with 1 set of ram then installing the addition set.

Do you guys think this will fix my problem and allow my computer to boot using all 4 dims or do you think i could've possible gotten my hands on a bad set of ram?

btw, both sets of ram are recommended by OCZ for the DFI nf4 ultra-d.

test new ram without old ram first. if that passes change timings 2 t2 see if that helps then change ram speed 2 333 insted of 400 hope that helps :]

Like Bad_Religion says you will have to change to 2T to have any hope of running with 4 sticks. I had to when I got my second set of Ballistix.

there are postages all over regarding running with four sticks on these boards, some have had success, but for the most part, it is an ongoing lab experiment, especially given your sticks do not match exactly....

i tried with four sticks of matching TCCD sometime back, finally just gave in and got 2x1 gig of Gskill HZ stuffs, soooooooooooo much nicer.

laterz.