Sign in to follow this  
mean6

cannot load 64bit raid drivers

Another idea:

Your issue might be realated to your RAM sticks/BIOS timings/power supply. This would explain, why you succeeded with the installation of Vista x86 and failed with the installation of Vista x64 (a 64bit OS is more sensitive with memory stability).

Advices:

1. Check your RAM sticks.

2. Check the memory settings within your BIOS (no overclocking, maybe it is necessary to enhance the RAM voltage a little bit).

3. Check your PSU and the PSU-mainboard connectors.

I just finished installing Vista 64 on a single hard drive with no problems. For some reason it just won't install on a raid array. This is making no sense to me. Should I still try installing it at the bios defaults?

Well, I tried every driver I found on the net, and Vista still gave the message "Device Drivers not found" I finally did get it to work, I found a post on www.nforcershg.com where a patch disk was used to force vista into loading legacy raid drivers. Here's the post by Hwti

If there are non-RAID disks, Vista wants to install its bootloader on the first non-RAID disk.

If there are only RAID disks (which are seen as SCSI), Vista wants to install its bootloader on the boot RAID disk.

So if you have non-RAID disks, you need to disconnect them if you want the bootloader on the RAID disk.

Instead of loading modded drivers from a disk, I have another solution which may solve problems :

You need to make a boot floppy or CD-ROM.

With this boot disk, vista will use its built-in driver, so the driver will be WHQL.

The driver will be loaded like on a new (not legacy) sataraid system.

This would be useful with x64 to update driver after install if nvidia doesn't add LEGACY in INF file. (Since it keeps WHQL status, driver signature enforcement isn't a problem)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4111183/NF4_le...aid_boot_mod.7z

How to use it:

For the floppy:

Use make_floppy.bat to make the boot floppy

configure your computer to boot from floppy first, and DVD next.

Insert the floppy, boot

When prompted, remove the floppy and press a key.

The computer will boot vista setup from DVD with legacy SATA support.

!!!! When setup reboots the PC for the first time, you need to use the trick again, or you will get a BSOD :

Configure your computer to boot from floppy first, and hard disk next.

Insert the floppy, boot

When prompted, remove the floppy and press a key.

Vista will boot from hard drive and setup continues.

For the CD-ROM:

Burn the ISO to a CD.

configure your computer to boot from DVD drive.

Insert the CD in the DVD drive, boot.

When prompted, remove the CD, insert Vista DVD and press a key.

The computer will boot vista setup from DVD with legacy SATA support.

!!!! When setup reboots the PC for the first time, you need to use the trick again, or you will get a BSOD :

Remove Vista DVD and insert the CD.

Boot

When prompted, remove the CD and press a key.

Vista will boot from hard drive and setup continues.

I did this, and it worked like a charm. I just thought I would spread this around incase there are others having trouble installing Vista 64 on a raid array on an Nf4 board. Hope this helps others!

Thanks again Hwti!!