Sign in to follow this  
mean6

cannot load 64bit raid drivers

Hey everyone,

I am having problems installing vista ultimate 64 bit. I had read over and over the tutorial located here: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/vista-and-...de-vt66299.html, and have tried every driver on it and I still cannot get it installed. Whenever I go to load the drivers I get a message saying "Device Driver not found", I have tried putting them on floppies, and a usb stick and still no luck. I was able to install the x86 version no problem, however, with x64, it doesn't seem possible. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I also just finished trying to install xp 64 bit, and when it came to install the f6 drivers, it gave a message saying something like the system is not compatible with this operating system. Anyone have any ideas?? I am really stumped.

The 15.00 drivers on a floppy or flash memory should work to setup raid on the initial install.......it should need like 3 files from what I recall.

I have tried those drivers also, and I get a message saying device drivers not found!
Are you sure, that you loaded the correct 64bit drivers and that you pointed to the correct driver package subfolder?

You have to unzip the drivers and put them on there. DO NOT put them in folders or in zipped format. Just use a floppy.

I have tried that already, on a floppy and usb stick. When I click on "Load Driver" , I point it to the floppy drive, and almost instantly, I get a message saying "Device Driver not found"????

I guess I was wrong. They have ti be in folders like this. (This is the original floppy driver diskette )

8f4f5337.jpg

I have tried that already, on a floppy and usb stick. When I click on "Load Driver" , I point it to the floppy drive, and almost instantly, I get a message saying "Device Driver not found"????
Do you remember the name of the device driver, which wasn't found by Vista (example: device driver not found: 'OEMCD001')?

Maybe Vista Setup couldn't get access to your USB stick and maybe not even to your floppy drive.

My advice:

1. Try another USB stick (if necessary: borrow it from your friend).

2. Check your floppy cable and try another floppy disk.

the error message I get is:

"No Device Drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK"

Either the used USB stick/floppy disks cannot be read by Vista or the driver package files are corrupt.

My advice:

Download the Vista x64 nForce IDE driver package again, unzip it and copy the SATA_IDE and SATARAID folder onto a different USB Stick or onto 2 different previously formatted floppy disks.

I have tried numerous formtted floppy disks, and still no go. I am able to point to the sata ide folder, but when I click ok, I get the message that "Device Driver not found" Is it some how possible my system cannot run raid in 64 bit? I am sure it can, but this is getting really frustrating.