Problems mounting TR Ultra 120 Extreme on DFI SLI-DR Expert

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brinco218

brinco218

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:56 AM

Hello ! I'v bought the new Ultra120 Extreme, all good until I wanted to mount it on my DFI Sli-DR Expert (skt939) when I run into some problems. I have bought it from their partener in Romania : www.pccoolers.ro , and thet provided me with this adaptor :

http://www.thermalri...uct_default.htm

The thing is that I folowed all te pics, but I can't get that adaptor over the heapipes(it does not have enough room to rotate). What shoul I do ? Am I doing something wrong ? Is pointless to keep trying ?!

Thank you.

#2 Guest_IAmATeaf_*

Guest_IAmATeaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

Is the bracket catching on the heatpipes? If it is then you might have to get the dremmel out and grind away the areas where it's catching.

#3 brinco218

brinco218

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:56 AM

the adaptor in S thwey gived me(used to rotate 90 degrades the coooler) it does not have room to go in the middel od the heatpipes. Is there such a huge difference between Extreme version and old Ultra 120 ?!

#4 brinco218

brinco218

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

I made a custom set using the AM2 instalatio kit. I also put an Evercool VR-RF(not the recomandede re because [I] can't find it in my country). I used the cooper heatsink to put on my Al mosfets radiators.
Drom in temp about 10 degrades from the Sharkoon CPU Red Shock and the stock DFI cooler !

#5 brinco218

brinco218

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

Anyone else knows how can I rotate this cooler with 90 degrades ?

#6 zungkono

zungkono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

@brinco : do you have metal backplate to replace the default plastic backplate from expert ?
I have ordered it too, for my Ultra-D or my Expert.
and how about the retention kit? is it included ?