Sign in to follow this  
Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Forza Motorsport 2 = Awesomeness!

Guest r3d c0m3t

After such long, yet meaningful delays Forza 2 is finally in my hands, right where it belongs. Let me start off by saying that Forza 2 has greatly improved from the first in almost every sense of the matter. The visuals are gorgeous, when it comes to a racing title, Forza 2 is the best-looking one out there. The gameplay has improved a great deal, the AI is a tad bit smarter but unless you have them on the top difficulty you can just breeze right by them.

Damage and sound effects have also improved a great deal since the first, collisions don't sound so flushed anymore, in fact they're pretty damn loud and that alone is more than enough reasons to hit the brakes before you meet the wall. The damage is full scale now, so if you do happen to crash and your front bumper, rear bumper, rear wing, etc falls off...it's going to stay on the track for the entire race, that disappearing business is done. :)

Controls are pretty much the same, there are some new car models but majority of the inventory is carried over from the first with a visual overhaul. The only problem I have with it is there's no cockpit view. :sad:

...Other than Forza Motorsport 2 was definitely worth the wait, the only thing to do now is just cruise and wait for some new rides to show up on Live. If anyone here has the game, I'd love to know what your thoughts are.

I really enjoyed the demo, but don't really want to spend the money, especially with the cost of a decent driving wheel for the 360.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I just realized something...the BMW M6 or 645i (I don't remember which at this point...I'll have to look at the first teaser trailer again) isn't in the final game, which is beyond weird. Maybe it'll be offered over Marketplace, if not I find that to be a bit of a false advertisement.

Just thought I'd share that.

I just realized something...the BMW M6 or 645i (I don't remember which at this point...I'll have to look at the first teaser trailer again) isn't in the final game, which is beyond weird. Maybe it'll be offered over Marketplace, if not I find that to be a bit of a false advertisement.

Just thought I'd share that.

Personally I think the M3 looks a lot better than the M6 so Im not really missing that car all that much

And like you said it was the Teaser Trailer...no real indication of final product, so not really false advertisement.

And there are tons of other cars to choose from so really its no big deal

Guest r3d c0m3t

Well, you have a point both the M3 and M3 GTR are better looking than the M6 for the most part. I was just looking through BMW Motorsport and I realized it wasn't anywhere in the lineup and I began to scratch my head.

Likely, in any case, the game would be just as good with or without the M6. I'm hoping they add the M3 CSL and some more heavy hitters such as the Koenigsegg CCR and CCX, the S7 TT, and the Veyron. :)

Well, you have a point both the M3 and M3 GTR are better looking than the M6 for the most part. I was just looking through BMW Motorsport and I realized it wasn't anywhere in the lineup and I began to scratch my head.

Likely, in any case, the game would be just as good with or without the M6. I'm hoping they add the M3 CSL and some more heavy hitters such as the Koenigsegg CCR and CCX, the S7 TT, and the Veyron. :)

Yeah I just wonder how much the add-on's are going to cost...

Currently I dont subscribe to XBOX Live but this game might force me to give in and pay the $50

Guest r3d c0m3t
Yeah I just wonder how much the add-on's are going to cost...

Currently I dont subscribe to XBOX Live but this game might force me to give in and pay the $50

Use Live Sliver, it's free...period. The only thing you'll need to do is buy a few Marketplace Points cards so you can "purchase'" the content.

However, Silver doesn't include multiplayer, just Marketplace functionality.