Sign in to follow this  
dadong

Opty with a strange stepping

Yea it is 3 year's ago the Thermalltake polo/volcano/extreme/11+and12 series had High end fan's on them with solid copper HS, mine has like 62fin's on it. that's why ive been cautious about replacing it because it dose preform so well. Nothing pisses me off more than spending good money and not noticing a diference. Kind of like when we went from 333 to 400 fsb MB's and ram the 400 took longer to start. Im running 2.8Gig 12hr's stable on Orthos at 36/37 idle and 51/53 under full load. ill go ahead and spend the 60 buck's for a new HS&fan hopeing it get's me down below 50C at load. BA

i've got the same stepping LCBQE 0712 and have just booted into windows and am typing this as we speak, it's not prime/orthos stable(haven't tested yet) but it booted 335 fsb @1.5 v core temps are a bit odd core 1 @ 27 and core 2 @ 21 not sure, i'm gonna reseat the waterblock in a mo just wanted to see what i could get

i got a lcbqe 0712 recently 3stars is yours 0712 upaw?

it does 3.0ghz at 1.41v prime stable, but fails after 15mins at 3.1ghz on air.

Wouldnt like to think how high it would go under water, would be very interested in your results if its the same stepping :)

I too have strange temps never goes below 38C idle in smart guardian,but coretemp 0.95 read [email protected] [email protected] although max temps top out at 51c for both

yeah is the same stepping got nearly there orthos stable but my windows install is borked might do a fresh install tonight then see how it goes had it booting for a sucide @ 355 x 9 with 1.55v core but barly stable and temps were way out i might ave to take the top of this one.

well re seated the water block and theres still a 10c diff between cores

Guest navinjohnson

I get the same thing at idle, but they run even under even a little load.

na mine are still out with load so the lid might have to come off, i'm not to keen do do this as it's clocking up good with it's cloths on