Sign in to follow this  
dadong

Opty with a strange stepping

LCBQE 0711SPAW

sooo.. guys anyone has the same one. as far as i'm concerned i've never seen this stepping nor can i find much info on it.

anyone has it and can give me some details on it??

i would try it myself but i don't have much time to mess with it and i'm not popping it in until my LCS comes.

Seeing as how the Opty craze has been replaced by the C2D craze info on the newer steppings will be hard to come by. The only way to find out what it is capable of is to OC it yourself. Besides finding out the max is the funnest part of overclocking.

From now on I will answer these threads with the same statement:

Send it to me and I'll tell you how good it overclocks.

lmfao yea well :P you pay me 300 bucks in advance and ill send it to ya :P free shipping to! :P, so far mines at 2.7 Ghz stable 300 fsb, thats all im going to push tonight seems nice though :P

Im pretty sure I have the same stepping LCBQE after not finding it in the data base i thought i just had the Q mistaken for a 9. I just got this 170 last week. And am fighting to get to 2.7 . BA

Im pretty sure I have the same stepping LCBQE after not finding it in the data base i thought i just had the Q mistaken for a 9. I just got this 170 last week. And am fighting to get to 2.7 . BA

What kind of memory are you using? I don't seem to see it in your sig...

Your settings would also help.

Sorry about that 4X1Gig stick's of GSkill pc4000 ddr500 black heat spreader's Im trying to hit 2.8 right now I have 2.7 at 1.350X104% and am up to 1.40X104% and running.

Sorry about that 4X1Gig stick's of GSkill pc4000 ddr500 black heat spreader's Im trying to hit 2.8 right now I have 2.7 at 1.350X104% and am up to 1.40X104% and running.

2T setting?

Yea there is no choice you cant even get windows to start if you dont have your ram at 333fsb and 2T is automatic unless you force it. And that's ok I guess Im just used to running my system at 1/1. this is also the first time that I bought a processor that has anything less than a 11 multy. Im a gamer and with my 2X4200 ide run 2.6 for 24/7 and 2.8 for gaming. And I still havent found a good set of number's for 2.6 I use 10 multi for 2.5 and 9 for 2.7 and 2.8 so far.

I have Orthos running in the background right now at 2.8 at 1.40X104% 9X311fsb,ram at 133/266=413membuss for over 5 hour's so far and thing's are looking good. I jumped from 2.7 to 2.8 after about 9.5hour's. In the past I used to leave my vcore set to what I needed to get to 2.8n and never touched it again, just droped the fsb to what I wanted to run. Ill probubly put it back to 2.7 untill I get a better heatsink and fan. Ive been told the Tuniq 120 tower is the best out there right now. 3 year's ago my thermaltake valcano extreme-12 with the 72feet per sec fan was the best I could find.

BA