SATA 3gb/s problem...

I have an NF4 LP Ultra mobo and I haven't had any problem with it no for about 7 months. I just bought a new 160gb SATA 3gb/s hdd and hooked it up, threw in the XP cd and went to format it before i install the system on it but it says: There is no hdd detected etc. I have 2 20gb IDE hdd's which I have been using for these 7 months, and I hooked them back up to write on these forums. I looked in under Disk Management in Admin Tools to try and format it from there, but its not listed there and I looked in the BIOS to make sure SATA is enabled but I do not see an option for it. I am out of ideas. I will be searching Google for ideas while I wait for an answer on here.

Am I missing something? The SATA power and data cables are hooked up properly and I even switched cables and ports just to be safe.

the Sata option is in the overclocking section at the bottom of the list under dram voltage and onboard sound and lan options...

the board should detect it no problem on the nvidia chipset as long as sata it set to enabled and it set to sata and not raid...if you're doing a raid which sounds like you not then you set raid and enable raid

I am running a nf4 lan party sli-dr board, had a similar problem, if your doing raid enable it in the bios (of course) ALL other drives that are running on the nf4 sata channels need to have raid disabled (I.E. raid is on ch1&ch2 and 3&4 are seperate drives you have to select disabled for ch 3&4 in the raid menu) this is only in my case I think so this is probably is different for a lot of people....

I got the SATA hdd running. It seems that I missed the SATA setting in the Genie BIOS setting. It was actually my fault. I knew of Genie BIOS and figured that was only meant for overclocking, I was looking everywhere else in the BIOS...oh well, now I know.

This isn't really a problem, but I enable SATA on ch1/2 but on the main BIOS where it shows the HDD listed, my WD1600JS is listed under SATA 3/4. It is physically plugged into SATA ch1 though. Is it supposed to be like this?