Dell Inspiron E1505 Dual Core

lluwas

Hi,

I found this laptop at www.direct2deal.com for $1099 after $560 Instant Savings.

Dell Inspiron E1505 Dual Core

Intel® Core™ DUO T2350 (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium

15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™(glossy)

2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 2 DIMM

120GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™

Integrated Audio

What do you think about this deal?

The same exact laptop configured through Dell costs $1,013. I'd just get it from Dell directly. I have a E1705 and would recommend a Dell laptop to anyone.

Edit: I tried linking the configured one but it won't work that way. Just put in the same specs and you can see the price difference.

I also recommend buying the 2gb ram from Newegg and upgrading yourself...it will save you quite a bit. And you also might want to opt for a 7200 rpm HDD.

If you truly must replace a desktop with a laptop get a Sager. They a frigging sick!! Dual 7950 Go and a gazzilion USB ports (ok 7 or 8 but plenty of em). I had a dell i bought in 02 and it was great except it weighed about ten pounds and drained 2 batteries on a fresh charge in under an hour and a half. I still have it but i run it on AC power and use it mostly to screw around with diferent linux distros.

But if its a work machine I would say go with a with a refurbed IBM T-series. Tons of parts and durable no frills construction make it a great commuter computer.

If you truly must replace a desktop with a laptop get a Sager. They a frigging sick!! Dual 7950 Go and a gazzilion USB ports (ok 7 or 8 but plenty of em). I had a dell i bought in 02 and it was great except it weighed about ten pounds and drained 2 batteries on a fresh charge in under an hour and a half. I still have it but i run it on AC power and use it mostly to screw around with diferent linux distros.

But if its a work machine I would say go with a with a refurbed IBM T-series. Tons of parts and durable no frills construction make it a great commuter computer.

Agreed with the T-series... thin (about 1"), excellent keyboard and the TrackPoint (pointing stick). I keep pushing my dad to upgrade his T40 to a T61 (he gets an upgrade every three years).

I have a T40 as my roadwarrior kit. I upgraded to 1.5 gigs of Ram and got an extended life battery. I bought mine refurbed from an IBM distributor in queens, NYC for about $700. Well worth the price its not teh latest greatest but it plays the older games that i like to play when im on the road and dont have reliable internet.