opty 146 idle 48deg

Guest Gir_merged

i just put together system in my rig (stock hsf cause 9500 bracket broke) and in the bios it's saying the cpu is at 48 deg celcius. is this a little high? i used as5 btw. ill post the bios in a minute, maybe it isnt reading correctly because of that but ill post it in a second thanks

I installed pcwizard 07 and it says 40cpu + 27 core#1 if it's what im thinking then it's at 27 deg celcius or is the 40 correct or do i have everything wrong

edit: the temp never seems to change ever in pcwizard07

edit: everest says 43cpu + 40 cpu diode

Guest Loony

If you have the stock cooler I don't think it would idle in the twenties. My 146 under the Big T idles at 25. Idle temps don't mean anything anyways, it's all about your load temps. :cool:

Yeah but i did want to puch the cpu if it already seemed to be running warm. and one thing i saw said optys can run 60-70 and still be fine, but i can't confirm it's true because i just dont know

For AMD 64 cpus, you really want to stay under 50-55c under load.

Using a stock heatsink/fan and applying some serious overclocking may not be a good combination.

Use some common sense, you may want to limit your overclocks until you get your Zalman repaired/replaced.

alright i got my zalman installed and it only dropped idle temps to 43deg from 48ish in the bios

everest says 36 diode 37 cpu or round about that all the time. still seems a little high to me (this is with the zalman installed)

alright on the everest cpu test (100% usgae) after 10 minutes it's maxing out around 46deg and tapped 47 a couple times.

at 2.4ghz it's hitting 49-50 and i cant remember but maybe 51 once.

What can i do to increase the fan speed on my zalman , i believe it's at around 2600(high speed setting) is there anything else i can do for it? thanks

i just installed a 120 fan in the side panal blowing directly onto my 9500. in bios it's still reading 42-43 idle. in everest it's down to 35ish. it was reading 48-50 load temps on the cpu benchmark in everest (100%cpu usage) now loaded it's reading 42 at start then max at 45. the 120 installed there seemed to help a few degrees.

*edit*

Temps are back up to where they previously were. i have remounted the 9500 a couple times to no avail. also tried lowering voltage to 1.35 from 1.4 and no help from that either.

and do you think the fan in the side pannel would do better pulling air away from the 9500 instead of blowing air onto it?

any last ditch efforts?

i have a new bracket coming soon and am hoping to solve this temp problem or do you guys think i should drop the zalman and try a better cooler all together?

Thanks

so no1 has anything to say? if not im just going to order a new hsf and it that doesnt work ill remove the ihs and thy that out.