New To Watercooling

You may want to consider a regular GPU block and some ramsinks to cool the other components. A full cover water block actively cools the GPU, memory and Vregs on a 8800, this causes even more heat to be added to your loop. If you get a regular gpu block you'll save some cash and you might even get better temps. If you went with this and this you would end up saving around $75 over the DD 8800 full cover block. Just my $.02.

If you really want a full cover block you should consider getting an EK block, they look nice, and are a bit cheaper and IMO better quality than DD full cover. Whatever you get have fun and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You may want to consider a regular GPU block and some ramsinks to cool the other components. A full cover water block actively cools the GPU, memory and Vregs on a 8800, this causes even more heat to be added to your loop. If you get a regular gpu block you'll save some cash and you might even get better temps. If you went with this and this you would end up saving around $75 over the DD 8800 full cover block. Just my $.02.

If you really want a full cover block you should consider getting an EK block, they look nice, and are a bit cheaper and IMO better quality than DD full cover. Whatever you get have fun and good luck.

How about this one then?

http://www.swiftech.com/products/stealth.asp

I don't know. Its a brand new block so there is not alot of reviews or tests comparing it to other FC blocks. then again its from swiftech so it should be pretty good. If I were in your position I would either wait for some hard data or reviews saying its good or just get the current champ of FC 8800 blocks, the EK-FC8800GTS.

I found this at the swiftech forums:

"Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:09 pm Post subject: Stealth vs MCW60 : comparative impact on CPU temps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYSTEM SETUP:

Asus P5B Deluxe

E6300 @ 1.425 V

(1) EVGA 8800 GTX @ Stock voltage

Cooling loop

Apogee GTX CPU cooler

MCR220, Fans @ 12V

MCP655-B

7/16" Tubing

TEST 1 with STEALTH GPU cooler in the loop

TATS

Delta T CPU to Air: 21.5 c

TEST 2 with MCW60 GPU cooler in the loop

TATS

We measured no difference in CPU temperature as a result of the installation of the Stealth."

So basicly if you got a Stealth you would get just about the same temps as a MCW-60, but I did hear that the Stealth is very restrictive. I'm sort of disapointed, I thought that since they put a Apogee GT/GTX plate in the stealth the temps would be better than a MCW-60 with a Apogee plate, since the Apogee GT/GTX baseplate has more pins. If you get this you should have some sort of anti-corrosive coolant. The top part of both the GTX and the Stealth is plated aluminum. Even though its plated I would still use an anti-corrosive coolant just in case anything happens.

I found this at the swiftech forums:

"Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:09 pm Post subject: Stealth vs MCW60 : comparative impact on CPU temps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYSTEM SETUP:

Asus P5B Deluxe

E6300 @ 1.425 V

(1) EVGA 8800 GTX @ Stock voltage

Cooling loop

Apogee GTX CPU cooler

MCR220, Fans @ 12V

MCP655-B

7/16" Tubing

TEST 1 with STEALTH GPU cooler in the loop

TATS

TEST 2 with MCW60 GPU cooler in the loop

TATS

We measured no difference in CPU temperature as a result of the installation of the Stealth."

So basicly if you got a Stealth you would get just about the same temps as a MCW-60, but I did hear that the Stealth is very restrictive. I'm sort of disapointed, I thought that since they put a Apogee GT/GTX plate in the stealth the temps would be better than a MCW-60 with a Apogee plate, since the Apogee GT/GTX baseplate has more pins. If you get this you should have some sort of anti-corrosive coolant. The top part of both the GTX and the Stealth is plated aluminum. Even though its plated I would still use an anti-corrosive coolant just in case anything happens.

That test only shows that there's no difference in CPU temp with/without the Stealth but doesn't say anything about the GPU temps. So to me it's an inconclusive experiment.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys for helping me out thus far. However, as my new build comes closer and closer, I am lookign into this board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813136035

However, according to this review from a buyer, it says that its not a watercooling board chipset wise

"Not good for WC

Reviewed By: Sarnath on 6/17/2007

Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4

Tech Level: average - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: More stable than my last 680i board. No problems with sound or USB. Haven't OC'd much, so can't say whether it's any good in that respect. BIOS options are nice, but some are a bit mysterious.

Cons: Not a board for watercooling the chipset. The NB clips really limit the block you can use. The clips on the chipset cooler I tried could not overcome the pull of the tubes and the block would not stay flush against the chip. I'm back to the DFI sink. The SB is worse. The north hole is only suitable for pushpins. Capacitors (or whatever) are too close to the hole for screwing anything onto the SB. DFI's cooler is ok though.

Other Thoughts: I have the water cooling blocks which I really wanted to use, but this board's chipset orientation makes them useless. Very disappointing. I would have liked to get rid of both of those 2 tiny fans. (I'm cooling the DFI NB heatsink with a 50mm fan. Temp on the NB still seems high to me though.)"

I got looking over at Petra Tech Shop and noticed this chipset water block and wondered if it would work since its for the 680i and the board I listed above is of the same chipset. http://www.petrastechshop.com/dadenmachwan.html

Thoughts?

The 680i chipset block you linked may be good for the southbridge.

For the northbridge there are several waterblocks available for the intel looplock retention system; such as the Swiftech MCW30. Since the DFI 680i LT has 4 loops there shouldn't be any issues finding one that works.