Sign in to follow this  
signmeuptoo

Opteron HT 1/2 of Athlon: Bad 4 Gaming?

As soon as I saw this thread I knew the guy "got that info" from NewEgg. They (NE) don't really present information about their products in the most consistent manner(s) which tends to cause confusion. However, if this dude had any common sense he would realize that 1000/2000HT are technically the same thing. Aside from all that you can easily change the HT multi which (IMHO) appears to have little to no effect on real world performance as long as it isn't set ridiculously low or high as to be "out of spec".

I never understood the focus on HT multi's, I always have left mine on auto. I tend to concentrate on the important aspects of overclocking.

Who cares what the multi is set to, I leave that for the mobo to handle.

I never understood the focus on HT multi's, I always have left mine on auto. I tend to concentrate on the important aspects of overclocking.

Who cares what the multi is set to, I leave that for the mobo to handle.

Well, if you didn't own a DFI and were trying it on a different mobo then you would have to set it. (at least in my exp.)

Most just give the options 1x-5x and if it's too high or to low it won't boot.