Sign in to follow this  
taowulf

Hey US DIYers

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend, and take a second to reflect on those that have given their lives so that we may enjoy the freedoms we hold dear.

Oh, and don't drink and drive or I will be forced to kick yer butt.

Guest Gir

All my drinking will be done infront of the pc, man i swear i get wicked good at FPS when im drunk or atleast i think i do. LoL

That's right, don't drink and drive (you could spill your drink) :beer

:D

Seriously though, happy memorial day. Don't get too drunk to remember we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for our brave ancestors. :)

When I took the dogs out for their morning walk, I was greeted by a neighborhood with American flags at the end of each driveway. It was a nice way to start the day even though I keep an American flag flying year round outside my front door.

Someone taking the time on Memorial Day weekend to make such a nice gesture reinforces my belief that people really do care.

Being on the midnight crew I'm guessing it was either Fox or CNN someone had up but I was actually impressed most of the news stories I heard, actually every single one in the 15min of downtime I had was focused on Memorial Day tributes. One of the few holidays that people usually just see as a day off rather than something more meaningful.

Actually I'm not missing the drinking so much as I would have liked to have caught the UFC fight.

Ex, you'd love our town then.

Every street corner has a flag today and 90% of the houses have them as well.

The only thing I wondered was...who put them up? City Services has the day off...

Surely that should be forget?! :sweat:

If you're too drunk to remember, then that means you did forget, which would go against what Memorial Day is about. :D

I could've said, "don't get so drunk that you forget" though.