8800gtx running 2 differnt temps?

Strange...my bottom card always runs cooler. More air space underneath it. On air cooling, my upper card will run at least 10* hotter because of the cramped space between pci-e slots. A 60mm fan between the two did the trick for me, but your issue doesn't make sense to me. Could be a bad sensor on your board, as most of the sensing programs derive their info from the same sensors. Sorry I couldn't help more...

thats what i think it is..maybe when the price comes down on the board ill buy another one.

Post back when you get it sorted out, cuz that's an untouchable setup, from an AMD standpoint :)

nothing wrong when u use the mcw60-t from swiftech....help or dont post

The 18C is wrong ( 64F). Your radiator water is warmer than that lol. The 39C is about right.

If you get 18C in the top slot with either card then it is not a problem with the cards themselves.

For some reason the drivers are reading and/or indicating the temps of the card plugged into PCIe

slot 1 incorrectly.

Viper

lol....i am talking about the temps of the diode on the video cards not the temp of my water loop.there are people getting 10c on there video cards using the mcw60-t.

I know you are lol. What I didn't notice was the -T (TEC) in the cooler part number.

I bet you are running the WB's in series in your water loop. Like that the cooler downstream

of the first is going to run hot. Wye the water loop at the inlets and outlets of the TEC cooler

water blocks and run them in parallel.

Also run the those 188w TEC's, which are under size for a G80's heat output, at 18-19 volts.

Viper

ill post back on sunday to update every one on this topic...my buddy just orderd the same board...i still think its the board senor...

p.s.viper john im running two rad in the loop with just the wb for the video cards,with one rad in between them.then i got one loop for my north and south brig.my cpu is chilled with coolits freezone chiller..all rad are swiftech dual 120 rads