Sign in to follow this  
dr_bowtie

transfer cell phone pic...how to..???

I need to know how to transfer pictures from my cell phone to my pc...

I have a Motorola KRZR k1m and it does NOT have a installed memory card...I have pictures I wish to transfer from the pc to my PC to host...

Sevice is thru Verizon...

I have downloaded and install Motorola phone tool v4.5

I also have the music essentials manger and neither of them I can see let me move the pictures from the phone to the PC...

is there any other software that will let me see and move the picture files from my phone...

I have sent 2 of them from my phone to my email addy but that cost me .25cents per picture and I have 50 of them to transfer...

1st time I have tried this and not getting very far...

the manual mentions nothing of transfering pictures...

even with the installed usb phone drivers it doesnt show up in My Computer at all...

thanks for the help...doc

ok, you have the usb cable or a bluetooth usb adapter?

You'll also have to check the phone to make sure that PC transfer is enabled at the time that you want to transfer.

if that doesn't work your phone may have had that feature disabled through verison.

Yeah, verizon replaces all their phones firmware with their own. Every verizon phone has the same menus and such so it's easier for their tech support. It's possible that feature is disabled...after all it would make them more money if people have to email all the pics. You might try calling your local verizon store and asking them.

Haha, good luck with a motorola and the motorola phone tools, I've had 3 different motorola phones and had nothing but headaches trying to get windows to recognize the phone.

Follow these steps:

1 - unplug the phone from the USB port, and uninstall Motorola phone tools and phone drivers.

2 - Restart the computer

3 - Download the latest version of motorola phone tools.

4 - Install downloaded Motorola phone tools and follow the on screen prompts when it tells you to plug in the phone use a different port than the one you've already used. Read the instructions on screen carefully.

If you still have trouble, pm me and I'll dig out the long how-to I had on removing the device instance from the registry so that windows recognizes the phone as a new device, not as a re-connected device...

I had trouble with an original razr, when I lugged it in to the USB port, it would make the usb device connected sound then the disconnected sound several times then not work... is this what's happening?

If so, try connecting the phone to the USB port with the phone switched off, then switch the phone on and see if it's detected.

past that if shatteredsteel is right, you'll need to take the phone to a verizon store (verizon being the MOST UNHELPFUL people I've ever dealt with) and try to convince them to re-flash the phone to enable USB transfers... I've never heard of this option being disabled by the distributor, but it would make sense if they charge you to send it to your e-mail address... Verizon will try anything to rip you off...

thought I'd add, you shouldn't have to enable usb transfer in the phone... it should detect when you've plugged it into the USB port on its own...

I do it with my razr pretty easily. I have a usb bluetooth adapter and I don't use any motorolla phone tools or anything like that. I just ftp it through the bluetooth adapter. A decent bluetooth adapter is only like $20.

that's what I resorted to because it was so much easier... but NEVER had any trouble with a Nokia phone... drivers and software are better designed and the phones are much better...

Ok... I coonect it thru the usb cable....

it recognizes the phone and so does the software but only lets me backup numbers and calender stuff...no options for pictures...

I just plugged it into the usb and I get the connected sound but nothing in my computer...I will go try it in another pc with no software installed

EDIT: doesnt work on another pc without the driver...even tried Vista...

EDIT-II: looks like the easiest way to do this is to installe a sd-micro card and move the pictures to it and then pop it in the card reader and move them to the pc...???

EDIT-II: looks like the easiest way to do this is to installe a sd-micro card and move the pictures to it and then pop it in the card reader and move them to the pc...???
That would be the easiest.

I've used motorola phone tools on alot of different models at work and it always worked fine so im not sure why it doesnt work for ya.

The MOTOKRZR K1m does not support transferring multimedia applications such as pictures through our Motorola (Mobile) Phone Tools. It will allow the phone to send contacts to a PC. The only way to transfer a picture to your PC is to send the picture to an email address.The MOTOKRZR K1m can use Motorola Phone Tools to synchronize the calendar and contacts.

just got that from the Motorola website for ya... sorry bud... verizon forgot the vaseline :-)

try making a multimedia message (mms) with all your photos in it and e-mailing that... or sending it to a friend who CAN transfer it to a PC...

I'll just buy a cheap sd micro card and move it all over...then i'll stop pulling my hair out with aggrevation...;)

Guest Gir

i have Alltel and i can send pics from my phone to an email address as a picture message, u can try that. I have unlimited so it doesnt cost me any extra but i dont know about verizon