New to water cooling

hi there, i'm new to watercooling. i'm just wonder if this is a good parts list and if everything can actually fit together.

i'm not sure about the rad. what is the best one to use with 79cfm antec tri cool fans. i'm thinking about the DD GTS stealth 240. but i've been wondering how much better the GTX xtreme 240s are......

also which one is better the d-tek fuzion gfx or the DD Maze4

so far i looked around and went with this setup

CPU block: d-tek fuzion)

GPU block: (d-tek fuzion gfx or DD maze4)

chipset: swiftech mcw30

Rad: so far (DD GTS stealth 240)

Pump: laing D-5

reservoir:swiftech MCRES-MICRO

eveything is gonna be 1/2" barbs with 7/16" tubing

also i'm not too sure what to do about the coolent. what do you guys recommend.

also i have a TT armor and my wiring is pretty good so i've got alot of room. i will get pics up soon.

Pics:

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

IMG_0033-1.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

with this i'm now considering a triple rad. i've got quite a bit of space.

Welcome to the Street!

Parts list looks good. You might also consider using a T-line rather than the res. Another good GFX block to consider is the Swiftech MCW-60. For the CPU block the Swiftech Apogee GT (or GTX) is also a solid choice.

In case you don't know this, petrastechshop.com has a broader selection than DangerDen does and the prices are generally less.

In regards to Radiator and the fans your currently going to pair with it, the Stealth series is meant for low noise low CFM fans, you wont need a very powerfull fan to get great results using the Stealth GTS.

Either way the Stealth GTS would be the better of the two as neither will really cool significantly better than the other.

Also Im not certain as to what skt your setup is, so I would recommend the DD TDX with a Universal top, you could use it on anything from 939, AM2, or 775

For the tubing, ID 1/2" - OD 3/4" is what I use. If you go with the thinner OD tubing you might get kinking in tight corners and will have to use a anti-kink smartcoil. Make sure your fittings match the tubing.

Now for the liquid, I go with distilled water mixed with MCT-40. I have seen a lot ppl using fluidXP. You could use an auto anti-freeze too. Using a mix allows the pump to get some lubrication, pure water is a better cooling medium but has little lubrication (longer pump life). A additive will also help control algee growth.

I've heard that some res will make noise. Go with a T-line setup without the res.

I'm still waiting for a response back from DTek on the fusion gfx, the website lists it has having a 6.8 PSI pressure drop which would make it to restrictive in full loop. Here's to hoping it was typo otherwise I would have to go with a maze4.

thanks guys

i've been hearing that the fuzion cpu is one of the best blocks on the market. i heard it even beats the swiftech storm.

is the scythe s-flex 49cfm good for GTS. also how future proof is the GTS?? i'm planning it to use the LCS for future setups ie: K10 / R600 / 8800

on the other note i live in north vancouver BC in canada so i'm ordering mostly off NCIX or else shipping fees will kill me.

thanks guys

i've been hearing that the fuzion cpu is one of the best blocks on the market. i heard it even beats the swiftech storm.

is the scythe s-flex 49cfm good for GTS. also how future proof is the GTS?? i'm planning it to use the LCS for future setups ie: K10 / R600 / 8800

on the other note i live in north vancouver BC in canada so i'm ordering mostly off NCIX or else shipping fees will kill me.

Anything that outputs about 30CFM works with the GTS, and its pretty future proof, It will cool anything you want to throw at it...

I used it in configurations with dual GFX, single and still cooling CPU and it temps never reached anything higher that 44C. Its a great radiator if your looking for something to help keep noise levels to a minimum.

sounds good....i think i'll go with the GTS

and out of curiosity what is the best CFM for the GTX....

finding info on LCS parts is a pain so it's best if i ask here.

sounds good....i think i'll go with the GTS

and out of curiosity what is the best CFM for the GTX....

finding info on LCS parts is a pain so it's best if i ask here.

Really this is only a semi-educated guess, but the two raditor differ by 10 fins per inch.

The GTS has 30 FPI, the GTX has 20 FPI, so I would say something around 50CFM, but in all honesty if the environment the PC is in is fairly cool, something in the 35 - 45 range should be more than adequate.

• 2 weeks later...

i've got images posted up.

got a few questions. is it a very bad idea to use plumbing parts as T Barbs? and etc..

also is it gonna damage the pump if it mount it inverted?

i've got images posted up.

got a few questions. is it a very bad idea to use plumbing parts as T Barbs? and etc..

also is it gonna damage the pump if it mount it inverted?

PPL often use plumbing fittings (i.e. teflon Ts)

Mounting the pump inverted won't cause any problems; just be sure that you don't run it dry.