Sign in to follow this  
SlipknotXF

S/PDIF Problems

I can't get them to work. I like the NVmixer / drivers better than Realtek but they are the only ones people said work ? There are more options in realteks but I'm still not getting any sound from it? not making sense please help! :sad:

i believe you needa receiver to decode the signal..., i don't remember too many people having much success trying to use it

I lost all sound while using the Nvidia Drivers a while back and the only way I could find to get it back was to use the realtek drivers.

I have not tried the S/Pdiff for input or output though.

Are you trying to use optical connection output to a separate speaker system?

You are using the optical jack plug adapter and not a normal 3.5mm audio lead ?

Ahh sorry been dealing with vista bs Anyways im using a composite cable in the output ( Yellow port ) but I don't see any way i can really enable the port... =/ its going directly to a lil stereo so that should decode it its meant for these kinda ports. right now I have it plugged into the normal speaker port via adapter... But from what I understand I may get better performance with S/PDIF anyway right? since it doesn't have to encode it or whatever...

Guest Blooz1

You do realize that you have to move the jumper found near the audio ports before you can use the S/Pdif output?

I use the yellow port for audio output on all my DFI setups, and changing the jumper is necessary before you'll be able to get output through that port.

Yes I've already done that but I dunno ill work with it again one day I think its driver level not being able to enable it I dunno. =/ Specially in Vista the Soundman only has 3 worthelss tabs.