Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barracas_merged

Just learning How to OC A64

Guest Barracas

I am posting here hopefully to have an interactive post for help in achieving better performance out of my new "TO ME" rig as of December... I Was hoping that some of you could look at my specs and let me know if I have what it takes to gain a stable OC. I have an Asus A7n8x Delux which i was able to push a xp2500 (1.8gig stock) to 2.26 gigs on air. Which was quite simple. But with all of the options and reading on all of the different mem issues shown on this site with Kingston modules and then reading that there were some of us with these getting decent oc's with them. It gets a little bit confusing as to whether or not to go forward. I can attest that my system at stock runs stable. But I wish to get the best out of it and I believe I have the components to get started. Where to start??? TY..

barracascpuznx8.gif

tempsrl5.gif

put the HTT link at 4x, raise your vcore to 1.50V (about 1.45V vdroop), lower your mem ratio and start pushing the FSB. Try 210, 220, 230, etc, with a target of 3GHz (273). you're running air, so realistic is about 2.6 - 2.8GHz. use orthos blend level 9 to check stablity.

BTW...you're robbing yourself of performance on the mem. SPD reads 2-2-2-5 but you're running 2-3-2-5. find your max cpu oc, then lower the multi on the cpu and find your max mem oc, then look for a good mem/cpu combo for max system oc.

Guest Barracas

Thanks I'm testing a 2332 oc now.. You gave me a clear path to start from..TY..

Guest Barracas

Allright I ran orthos for 4 hours at 250X10 HTT at 4x And mem divider at 5/6 I think. In any case is stable mem at correct timings now and running at 208 or 416DDR. I won an UltraTEC Cooler and my cpu is at 20c idle and 34 load ocd.

While my chipset is at 46 and my pwmic is at 38 idle. I raised my vcore to 1.4 and it is holding at 1.37 vdrop. Any other suggestions. What is the special voltage setting for? Thanks in advance.

Without sitting in front of your rig, you can really only be given some blind advice. Things like:

* test your max memory and max CPU separately, then find a position where they play nice together.

* run a higher max async latency for high FSB on a divider.

* drive strength and data drive strength make a big difference to stability.

* don't run with scissors.

What you really need is some linkage: have a good read of the Definitive AMD Overclocking Guide. It has bundles of info on all the settings. Get yourself some stock settings from the stock speed database, memTest to be sure you are stable...

Guest Barracas

here it is at 2500 1 to 1 on mem

2500at5me3.th.gif