I opened the mod shop today

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrr, I do, but ImageCrap keeps resizing the image even if I post a new one, and I can't attach the file to this post since it's to big. PM me your email addy and I email the dang thing to you... :mad:

What you got in mind Carl?

pimpcarlus4.jpg

• 4 months later...

Started playing around with a new idea today. Since I don't enjoy filling the rad on the top, and since I have to swap stuff out a lot, I was thinking about mounting the rad down low.

radmountbj1.th.jpg

That's on the right side panel at the bottom. I'd have to remove the HDD cages and mount the raid array in a 4-in-3 device and remove half of the partitioning wall underneath. The rad would be against the side panel with some kind of bracket/wall to mount it to, and the fans pointed toward the middle. Air would intake from the side and I would flip the fans on top to exhaust up and out. The water pump would be on the bottom by the rad barbs.

Your back at it ;)

Good idea for the new rad placement. Will this cause any issues when swapping hardware, it appears the side panel will be hard to remove once the water loop is in place.

This will be the right side panel, which is behind the motherboard tray. My plan is to not mount anything to the panel except for the grill(s). They only things that will be in the top section will be the waterblock(s), fill port and tubing.

You done good, boy.

Every time I look at my old HP case, I think "How ugly". Well, ski, you have inspired me to begin thinking on how to make it look great. I will first begin with cutting the large HP out of each side panel. This will allow for some cooling or other goodies. I think some flames would be nice to help cover the bland silver. Spoken like an old_geekster, of course. Once the case is complete, then it will need some new components to bring it up to speed.

I want it to look as cool or better than my Cooler Master "Wave Master".

Thanks ;)

All the cuts were made by hand with my Black & Decker Wizard rotary tool (ie: dremel) and cut-off disks. The key was taking careful measurements, drawing it all out on the masking tape and verifying it all before cutting. Taking it nice and slow all the way helps a lot. Also, this is the second case I've done like this (I had the $19.99 SVC case mod a while back), so I've had a little more practice at it.

Thanks ;)

All the cuts were made by hand with my Black & Decker Wizard rotary tool (ie: dremel) and cut-off disks. The key was taking careful measurements, drawing it all out on the masking tape and verifying it all before cutting. Taking it nice and slow all the way helps a lot. Also, this is the second case I've done like this (I had the $19.99 SVC case mod a while back), so I've had a little more practice at it.

Nice I have one of those!

In your opinion what is the best case Lian or not that would be compatible with a triple 120mm rad with the minimal amount of mods?

I was thinking about a foot mount for the rad (on the bottom) but dunno how that would work out (had to have some swiftech spacer boxes for sure) and fans pulling air from inside the case to the floor, but would that affect my temps to much?

Such a pain to fit triple rads :rolleyes:

Anything that has a lot of room above or below the motherboard would work great. If the case can hold a PSU above or below the motherboard, then you have about 3-4 extra inches below the board to do something like that. Check this one out:

http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/im...0R/p80rf004.jpg

That one doesn't allow a mount below the board, but you can see the extra room. Also, that's an Extended ATX (EATX) board in there, which is probably about as long as a triple rad. You could mount the rad inside with fans above, below, or maybe even both.

I think one of the CM Stackers had the dual PSU mount, but there are others, too. Several Lian Li's have it, but IDK how much you want to spend.