I opened the mod shop today

Anything that has a lot of room above or below the motherboard would work great. If the case can hold a PSU above or below the motherboard, then you have about 3-4 extra inches below the board to do something like that. Check this one out:

http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/im...0R/p80rf004.jpg

That one doesn't allow a mount below the board, but you can see the extra room. Also, that's an Extended ATX (EATX) board in there, which is probably about as long as a triple rad. You could mount the rad inside with fans above, below, or maybe even both.

I think one of the CM Stackers had the dual PSU mount, but there are others, too. Several Lian Li's have it, but IDK how much you want to spend.

Wow that's what I call extra space! From who is that case you linked?

PS.: If the WC kit doesn't sell in bundle you still have a friend wanting the Dtek Fuzion?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The case is a Lian Li PC-P80R. That's the red ATI CrossFire X Spider Edition they game up with for CES 2008. Basicly the same as the black PC-P80, but with the red theme and the special cutting on the side window.

IDK on the watercooling - I'll have to ask him. Or, you could PM me your info and I can pass it on to him.

The case is a Lian Li PC-P80R. That's the red ATI CrossFire X Spider Edition they game up with for CES 2008. Basicly the same as the black PC-P80, but with the red theme and the special cutting on the side window.

IDK on the watercooling - I'll have to ask him. Or, you could PM me your info and I can pass it on to him.

That's a lot of money to give in a case I don't care if it comes with the fans made out of solid gold or not! $400 bucks you can get a phase-change :eek2: :)

But this thread really inspired me to work in mine so I guess I'll work with what I have (TT Xaser V w/ window).

Did you made your fans to PUSH Air INSIDE the Case or to Pull Air FROM the case?

lol I just used that one for the example. (Did you notice how that extended ATX mobo looks small inside that case?) Like I said, the CM Stacker 810's are similar, but more affordable. Here's one with a PSU for $260:

http://www.svc.com/rc-810-kka1-gp.html

If you can find it by itself, it would probably be around $100-120.

For my situation, I wanted to have cool air pulled through the rad. I felt this would be the best for lower temps, and it also worked well for how I was going to have to work the fan & rad mount. If I finish the new addition to the mod, it will pull cool air in from the side panel through the rad and I'll have three fans blowing the hot air out the top.

Hey Ski!

I ended up buying the biggest one I could find: the Lian Li RocketFish on my local Best Buy.

The price is a Steal! $47.99 with their price match policy (originally $119). Saved $350 from a the V2000 case :)

Now for the mods I will use your thread to do the top triple rad mount to fit a PA120.3.

I will put a thread with my build log when I'm ready to begin. Plans are to WC 2 x GPUs, NB and PWM area. Phase Change unit for the CPU. Tricky part will be to fit all that in the case.

I have a question for ya, it seams you had to use a 8pin mobo power connector extension so that the connector could reach the psu, if thats positive can you confirm if this is the one to get for our DFI X38-X48 mobos:

http://www.censuspc.com/12-Inch-8-Pin-ATX-...8P-pr-3352.html

The one I used was a four-pin cable that came with the Lian Li. It looks like the cable you linked will work.

If you need some ideas, I know another guy who bought a RocketFish and did a triple rad mod. Just LMK and I'll get you the link (if my senile old brain hasn't done so already :confused: )...

BTW, PM sent :D

The one I used was a four-pin cable that came with the Lian Li. It looks like the cable you linked will work.

If you need some ideas, I know another guy who bought a RocketFish and did a triple rad mod. Just LMK and I'll get you the link (if my senile old brain hasn't done so already :confused: )...

BTW, PM sent :D

Yes in fact you did send me and it will help me tons!

I still have to wait till OCZ put the Cryo out for sale and that will take a while.

And only after I receive the unit I have to go to measurements and see if I can do what I plan (phase + wc hybrid all inside the case).

Till then I have to get back to my old trusty Toaster Sig NF2 as my X38 is Server now :-(