AMD X2 5200 & 6000 & Conroe E6600

Guest DasFox_merged

Guest DasFox

I'm upgrading my system, and I'm not going to do any overclocking, how do these 3 cpus compare?

NewEgg has the X2 6000 for $229:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103773

What ya guys think?

This is going to be for my GameRig, and gaming only.

I read that that the AMD is better then the Intel because of the on-die memory controller. Is this true?

THANKS

Link is down. AMD was better, my second, third, fourth, fifth cpu purchase are all AMD. I loved them all. Until Conroe came along. Never had an experience with AM2's, but all the threads I have read could not beat the Conroe, so I built a gaming system around it, putting my Expert/Opty on the side.

Guest DasFox
Link is down. AMD was better, my second, third, fourth, fifth cpu purchase are all AMD. I loved them all. Until Conroe came along. Never had an experience with AM2's, but all the threads I have read could not beat the Conroe, so I built a gaming system around it, putting my Expert/Opty on the side.

Link fixed. Well the next problem is I don't see any skt775 boards I like.

I don't want a SLI board or support buying one, SLI is a waste.

Next I don't want bleeding edge and wasting my money on it.

So at this point in time the only decent NON-SLI board I've found no offense to DFI, LOL is this Asus:

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=308

THANKS

Don't know much about that board, I think its because its not a popular. Asus also have an excellent 650 board, this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131142

I know you don't care much for SLI, and you can always use a single card. The other board I'd recommend is the 975X/G. Even the spec says SLI, you don't have to go that way if you don't want to. I agree when you say SLI is a waste, I had a pair of 8800gts on SLI on my Expert and the performance did not justify cost.

Guest DasFox

Well I take that back, this Asus board looks like it sucks...

I don't want to support the SLI industry with buying a SLI system again.

I have SLI, and I'm dumping it...

Look at all the good boards out there, just about everyone of them is SLI, they act like it's all there is to gaming performance.

Anyone running one good 8800GTX doesn't really need two for great gaming, LOL

It's crap, manufacturers need to start giving consumers great NON-SLI gaming boards too.

Guest DasFox
Well then, the Infinity 975X/G is just what you are looking for, none SLI board.:)

It has 2 PCI Express x16 slots for Crossfire, LOL

And I'd rather use something newer then a 975, like a 650, or 680, unless the 975s stomp them...

I don't want 2 PCI Express slots. :(

ALOHA

P.S. What island are you on?

Guest DasFox
Oahu, as far as bang for your buck goes, the 975 can't be beat. The other advantage is that its got maturity.

ALOHA

650i aren't good boards?

Oahu, ahhh, to busy for me, I'm on Maui, hell Maui is getting damm busy to.