Sign in to follow this  
Booster

Nvidia support = bad?

It maybe a once in a lifetime thing to happen but last year I sent a trouble ticket complaining about my harddrive BSOD problem but after getting a reply from Western Digital about my model not supporting NCQ I fixed my problem (disable it no more BSOD). :eek2:

But today I got a reply from Nvidia, I first submitted this on November 20, 2006 at 11:08 AM PST. And almost 6 months later I finally get a reply with:

Hello Robin,

During a review of the case queues and spam filters of our online case handling

system, we found this case still sitting open. Our apologies for missing this

case when it was first submitted. Please let us know if this is still an open issue

and we will do our best to resolve it.

Best regards,

*name taken out*

It must have been real bad spam to miss mine for so long, luckly I'm not that dumb to just sit and wait and was able to solve it another way.

So once again this is not to bash Nvidia, I found it funny to see this in my inbox when I checked it this afternoon, hopefully no one else got something like this that really needed help. :P

Better late than never!

At least they owned up to their mistake and got back to you about your issue.

I can't tell you how many emails have gone unanswered to dozens of vendors over the years.

Always try to call their customer support and follow up, especially if you did not receive a reply promptly.

As they admitted, perhaps it got caught in the spam filter but still shame on them for dropping the ball.

After spending some time on their forums and seeing the complete idiots that post about their "problems" (gee, SLI doesn't work without the bridge or adequate power? WOW), I can imagine that with the 8800's being released and the horror that is Vista, i imagine their queues are at all time highs.

And yeah, they emailed you back to see if it was still an issue. At least that is something.