Power Supply Dead

OtisN89

I just bought an elite console two weeks ago. I got Gears of War and Guitar Hero II and was enjoying the new system. Until this morning when I figured I'd start it downloading some demos while I was at school. But it wouldn't power on. I make sure its plugged in, of course it is. Then I notice the light on the PSU is out, which it should never be. So when I get home I call 1-800-4 MY XBOX, and they tell me I have to send it to Mcallen, Texas and then they will send me a new one. I have to pay shipping there. So I'm on my way to the post office now, and hopefully I get the new one back within a week.

be thankful you didn't have one of those intercooler things attached...I've seen probably 10 around here in Boise, Idaho that have burned their unit up with that thing.

But dude...that's like...2-3 weeks without Guitar Hero....wtf???

(i'm in same boat...one of my guitars died, now I've got to wait 2-4 weeks for Red Octane to replace it since the guitar died exactly 32 days after purchase at Circuit City, who won't take it back lol)

I was amazed but yesterday, Friday, I got the new power supply, only 3 days after I sent the old one out. So I was pretty impressed with the customer service and speed of shipping, until I try to use the new power supply only to find that they didn't send the cord that connects the power supply to the wall outlet. So i call 1-800-4 my xbox, after I got disconnected the first time, when I was talking to someone I could actually understand, I call back and get a woman who I have to have repeat just about everything she said. But It wasn't that bad, because eventually she figured it out and said that they would send me one for free, but it would take 8-10 days. Then she gives me the reference number and I ask her to repeat it, and she hangs up. So I hope I don't have to call them again because I don't have a reference number. So now it looks like it will be 2-3 weeks with out guitar hero.

be thankful you didn't have one of those intercooler things attached...I've seen probably 10 around here in Boise, Idaho that have burned their unit up with that thing.

But dude...that's like...2-3 weeks without Guitar Hero....wtf???

(i'm in same boat...one of my guitars died, now I've got to wait 2-4 weeks for Red Octane to replace it since the guitar died exactly 32 days after purchase at Circuit City, who won't take it back lol)

you couldnt buy another guitar and return yours with that receipt?

@#*%!!!! I got my power cord today.:) Of course its a two prong and I need a 3 prong:mad: But at least this time when I called xbox support I got to talk to someone I could understand. So another week and maybe I'll be back online.

• 2 months later...