Sign in to follow this  
Xolias

Temps High

But the problem I have is that I don't want my CPU fan ever turning off. but it does when I reach 25C, and it doesn't come back on.

Do you have the Centurion 5 case? I had that case and it always worked good for me. I had a 120mm fan in the back exhausting and and two 80mm fans on intake.

I would replace all the stock thermal paste with arctic silver 5 or the ceramique kind.

What program did you use to get these temperature readings?

But the problem I have is that I don't want my CPU fan ever turning off. but it does when I reach 25C, and it doesn't come back on.

So you are telling me that your CPU fan works fine when you are booted into your OS, then once the idle temp reaches 25c it shuts off? Do you have ITE Smart Guardian installed? If you do then just set the CPU fan (in the options menu) to never turn off by setting the "off" to 0c.

Just installed Smart guardian, fans working much better now. Going to remount all my heatsinks tomorrow.

Are there any after market Chipset fans? The nf4 SLI-Dr fan is way loud when on it's fastest speed.

Edit: all fans on 100% power.

CPU: 1366RPM

Exhaust: 1269RPM

Chipset: 7337RPM

Look good?

Thats fine if your fans are at 100% (or greater) if you can stand the noise. You might have to fiddle around with the settings and find some middle ground between quiet and cooling. Come to speak of it my case fans are showing a little wear, so I just ordered a bunch of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811999199

I'll let you know how they work out. I also have a 120mm fan on my CPU, so that helps with keeping it cool and quiet.

Cool. You should check your idle and your load temps. And that GPU temp is still rather high. Take your PCI slot cover off below your GPU and see if that helps.

Cheers

Cool. You should check your idle and your load temps.

What's the best way to do that? Running something like Half Life 2?

CPU's good, but yikes!! That GPU is high. I would suggest using rivatuner and set the fan control on "performance 3D" to 100%.