3 pin plug

pont

hi guys and gals

i got my new pump and rad all hooked up and running.my only prob is im not sure if its safe to plug the pump into the mb header.i have plugged in to the cpu 1 header on my dfi board. will it draw to many watts or amps or what ever is called ?? thanks for the input.pont

this is the pump and the rad is dd black ice 240

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageA...PROD&ProdID=188

Well, first of all I personally don't like the idea of a pump being plugged into a mobo for powering but from the electrical standpoint you should not have a problem! The rating is 12VDC @ 0.5A which is not more than a big high speed 120mm fan would use. Around here just nobody likes it to plug anything into the mobo and most people buy fan controllers etc. for it. If you got a little skill you could make up a connector which would plug the pump straight into the PSU. You could also email me and I would make one for you! He He! :)

me either... also, I read somewhere that the power coming from a fan controller isn't stable enough to be used on a pump... bad for the pump I think is what I read... but I don't know... may be wrong...

ditto on what HAR said, PM me and I'll make you a cable...