Sign in to follow this  
poohsito

DFI expert have any mobo revisions?

hey all,

does the DFI expert have any mobo revisions i should be aware of when buying? currently i see the rev 1.0 being sold, are there any rev 1.1 or rev 1.2 or anything? thanks in advance.

There were no hardware revisions of the expert, different revisions only referred to the bios date the board shipped with.

yes i got 3 boards..

a002/ is not as good as aooc or a00d

d is best for overclocking + better temp probe monitoring..

a002 has cpu shutdown problem that c/or d does not have.

ie stop cpu fan (set bios to shutdown at 65) but cpu does not shutdown at 65 (fail to do this)

00c + 00d works.

yes i got 3 boards..

a002/ is not as good as aooc or a00d

d is best for overclocking + better temp probe monitoring..

a002 has cpu shutdown problem that c/or d does not have.

ie stop cpu fan (set bios to shutdown at 65) but cpu does not shutdown at 65 (fail to do this)

00c + 00d works.

erm, thanks, but are you serious?! never heard a company doing so many revisions on an already revised mobo (i.e. from DFI ultra D/SLI to expert). Is this guy joking or are these revisions real?

erm, thanks, but are you serious?! never heard a company doing so many revisions on an already revised mobo (i.e. from DFI ultra D/SLI to expert). Is this guy joking or are these revisions real?

The expert is completely different from those boards, sure it's socket 939 and uses the nf4 chipset, but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

No clue on how many revisions there are/were.

I believe the current revision is AD0. I have both AC1 and AD0, and visibly the AD0 differs from the AC1 in that they changed the caps around the pci slots so that they don't extend above the slots. I purchased the AD0 about a month ago and the AC1 about 6 months ago. Just noticed too that the part number on the AD0 is NF4E92 while it is NF4E91 on the AC1.

I have both the P/N: NF4E92.100 R.AD0 and P/N:NF4E92.100 R.AC1. I too can see a difference in the caps. AD0 was purchased in Sept 06, AC1 was Oct. 07. Both were NEW purchases from Newegg, but the AC1 was opened before and had saved bios, didn't matter to me everything worked. So I'm not sure which one was made first.

They OC the same but I do see slightly higher temps on the AC1.

They changed all the caps. This includes the DIMM and PCI slots. Here's the caps on the AC1 close to the bios chip, one on top and one below. This is the board I'm currently using.

ac1uy0.jpg

And here's the AD0. Left and right of the bios chip. You can also see two more between the pci slots. This MB is collecting dust for the time being.

ad0rd7.jpg

u guys must love them boards to have 2...

notice the different color paint dots on the bios :) mine has a gold dot ...

it seems to me 91 was before 92 and AA0 was before AB0 or AC0...?

usually the differences are minor, but we will never really know because they(mobomakers) never disclose rev data to the general public.

my board went down so i got a new one - put back in (with raid 0x4 hdd)

and sent the older revision for rma..

thats how i got 2 boards (expert)

now the 2nd board sts in a backup basic machine with a 939 amd 64 3500..