Sign in to follow this  
RobNyc

XP4000 DDR500 Is it good ?

Thats some good RAM but if you look in our for sale thread there are some 2GB sets of the famous G.SKILL HZ's and also a set of OCZ EB's, very hard to find these kits.

Yes thats where I found the G.Skill HZ's .. I just saw the OCZ .. but I'm gonna go with the cheapest probably the G.Skill are $10 less than the Mushkin, and the OCZ is $5 more than the Mushkin

- OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 Platinum Edition [2x1GB] (Infineon CE-6) [3-3-2-8]

I'm using the Mushkin and I have them up to 260 in my Ultra-D. Very good ram and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. They also run nice and cool. Go for the Mushkin. ;)

I'm using the Mushkin and I have them up to 260 in my Ultra-D. Very good ram and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. They also run nice and cool. Go for the Mushkin. ;)

only 260max ?

so the OCZ is not UCCC but the G.SKill BHZ is and the Mushkin is but I already canceled on the guy of the Mushkin since for $5 more I can get the OCZ which seems to be everyone's favorite personal choice, and the G.Skill deal is in my same city which I'm keeping in mind

I got the G.Skillz .. but it keeps crashing my PC

I'm back on the 1gb buffalo until I find some good settings to try on the G.Skillz

Now I loaded the G.Skillz lastnight, put the timinsg to 3-4-4-8 and tried different settings wow I'm on 2927mhz and 8hrs stable Orthos but I guess this is good now