HD2900XTs available two days early at ZZF

Guest SPQQKY
ive read many reviews that in the few DX10 tests that there are, (vista standard graphic tests etc.) that the 2900XT sometimes even trumps a 8800GTX...and since its a DX10 card i think real opinions should only be made once there are actual games for DX10...if in 1 year all games will be dx10 whats the point of basing opinions on DX9?

Because that is all we have now, who cares what happens in a year from now when we have DX10 games? There will be new cards by then, too. If ATi want's to worry about DX10 performance at this point, they'll lose out big time. I would want my card to shine now, not spend $400 and hope that it will be a good card in another 6 months to a year. If that's what it takes then I'd wait, the card will only cost about $150 in a year.

Looks like NewEgg got them too.:eek2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....+HD+2000+series

thats because they hav been relesed today everywhere.

they look good for the money, theyre's a review on techpower up seem a mixed bag ATM, but its still early drivers.

im presonly waiting for a 2900xt-x ddr4 card. im sure that will be the one worth waiting for.

regards green

Guest SPQQKY
thats because they hav been relesed today everywhere.

they look good for the money, theyre's a review on techpower up seem a mixed bag ATM, but its still early drivers.

im presonly waiting for a 2900xt-x ddr4 card. im sure that will be the one worth waiting for.

regards green

ATi released the new drivers to some reviewers. [H] had a review with the new drivers and they el suxored, ATi dropped the drivers and [H] had to the review.....oops ATi.

EDIT: Review is back up HERE. Not very promising. I also agree with the conclusion.......similar or lacking performance to 8800GTS at $100 more and using 100w more power, excessive heat, etc.. makes this card a big turd. Too little and much, much too late.

I really loved a lot of the ATi cards I have owned, even with some headaches with crap drivers.....this is going to make it harder for the market to level out. Please, ATi, I hope you have something much better on the horizon soon.