new pc build

neilcha

right ive come into quite alot of money and am just starting to build a dream pc ( selling sig rig on street ) anyway i was going to build it around a c2d E6600 which i have had for a while now but i was desperate to buy something to start off with so i have bought a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 for £325 off one of my fathers freinds so thats where im begining my build , as for ram i have this on order Mushkin 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit and i will be adding 2 x 150 raptor x 's hdd in raid0 ,my gpu will be a 8800 gtx of some sort, i will be using my Armor case and i am hoping i can convince my girlfreind that water cooling is safe and wont leak so that i can get a water cool kit.

so to get started i need to order a M/board , thats where i get stuck ????? any ideas for my dream pc .

p.s = i will be using for gaming and light internet use mostly .

thanks in advanced ..

I agree with pows, anything with a 680i chipset is what I would go with. I love my board and it's basically a watered down version of the Asus Striker Extreme (watered down in features not performance or OC ability :tooth: ).

Guest thespin

From what I read, you don't need watercooling to OC these chips very high. Just get a great air cooler like the Thermalright Ultra120 Extreme with your PC case set up for good air flow to include good wire management.