Fluid flow direction?

Hey guys:

I finally have time to put up all the component I have for my build. But I have one question before I get down to tubing.

My tubing plan is: pump (outlet) -> rad (inlet) then from rad (outlet) -> cpu -> pump (inlet). (Fillport will be connected via a T-line to the pump (inlet)

Does this sound ok?

Greatly appreciate for any reply. :D

Thanks

Sounds fine. You will get different opinions in regard to radiator placement. But the truth is once the system has been running for a bit the temps are pretty much stabilized throughout the loop. And being a closed looped system pressure is equalized also regardless of where the restriction to flow (radiator) is placed. The important thing is the T-Line being placed at the pump inlet.

Thanks Praz :D

I asked this question becoz I did notice increase in temp in the fluid during my small loop for the leak test. I believe the increase in temp was contributed by the pump. And I looked into some WC guides. People are mentioning pump -> rad -> cpu -> pump but without telling whether it's which inlet going to which outlet .. etc. So it was quite difficult for a WC noobie like me to understand. :sad:

By the way, becoz my rad is mounted on the top of the case, so do I have to do bleeding to release the air bubble in the rad or will the bubbles eventually be driven to the line where the fillport is? (My setup is like UncleDavid's Lian-li 2000 WC setup - rad & fillport on top of the case, pump at the bot of the case)

If I have to do bleeding for the rad, any suggestion on doing that - my rad is Thermochill PA120.2? (I've never done it before)

Thank you so much :)

Easiest way to bleed a T line setup is to just bump the power supply a little at a time so the fluid will be solid and push the air around to the t line. Try not to let the fluid get too aerated as this will increase bleed time.

If you can move the RAD, I would make it lower then the top of T-line. Once you see all the air is out move it back up top.

But like CPDMF said fill the T-line then kick the pump ON. Just before the T-line runs out of water, stop the pump and refill the T-line. Repeat this and most of the air will make it out the T-line before getting sucked back into the pump/loop.

Danger Den has some good video's of how to setup a WC system, from filling to draining. http://www.dangerden.com/index.php?option=...&id=4&Itemid=42