air conditioner

That looks similar to what I had. I had my fans blowing into it at first, then I tried with the fans pulling and the pulling fans did a better job. I used it to cool my Opty 165 @1.65 vcore and temps at load were never above 65 for the 8 hrs run of Prime. Those fans were set at low and they were never noisy at all.

http://qls.thasp.net:8080/summer/DSC06799.JPG

works for me

Air still comes through cold, the top vent is not blocked at all. If I'm spending money on A/C for the summer anyway might as well use it to cool the computers too.

The radiator was about $50.

I took off the watercooling rig on my Naked Opty 165 with a vcore of 1.6 and put a Zalman 9500 on and placed the system next to the AC unit on my room. Guess what, temps camed down to low 50's while running Prime for 8hrs, mid 30's while gaming and my pair of 7900GT's with vf900's ran high 40's. Remove your H20 rig and place the system next to the AC and you're good to go.

I took off the watercooling rig on my Naked Opty 165 with a vcore of 1.6 and put a Zalman 9500 on and placed the system next to the AC unit on my room. Guess what, temps camed down to low 50's while running Prime for 8hrs, mid 30's while gaming and my pair of 7900GT's with vf900's ran high 40's. Remove your H20 rig and place the system next to the AC and you're good to go.

It might work good in Hawaii where you can run your AC all year long but not in NY where you would freeze your butt off in winter! :) I had a similar thing going some time in the past where I had one of the rads hanging out of the window in our NY winter! Worked pretty good! :)

down here in alabama, i have placed my cpu in an open window and just put in a jacket in the winter for some good benchies...i imagine it would work better in a colder enviroment, but hey.....it never gets below 20 here in the coldest of cold

I disagree. I have tried this and come to several conclusions.

a) The A/C is louder.

B) I can place my radiator on the A/C and get better results than an air cooler.

c) The A/C takes up way too much electricity to do this all year round. I only do this when it's hot enough for me to use the A/C. You're not saving money on cooling if you up your electric bill $100/month.

d) In the winter, a radiator that's mounted to my screen window by clamping it there using the storm window is much more useful. 3 intake fans blowing 17F air through does a lot for the cooling. :)

a) The A/C is louder.

B) I can place my radiator on the A/C and get better results than an air cooler.

c) The A/C takes up way too much electricity to do this all year round. I only do this when it's hot enough for me to use the A/C. You're not saving money on cooling if you up your electric bill $100/month.

d) In the winter, a radiator that's mounted to my screen window by clamping it there using the storm window is much more useful. 3 intake fans blowing 17F air through does a lot for the cooling. :)

Agreed! Unless you live in a place where it is hot all year long and the electricity bill is not killing you (not NY) you can run your AC all year long and be happy with it!

a) The A/C is louder.

a) very loud at night

B) done it too, great results but was not structurally attractive in the room

c) with our electric hike charges here, the room can do without an AC unit

d) winter, craps dude what winter here in Hawaii, LOL. I'd have to go high up the mountain in the Big Island for that.