Computer turns off

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe probelm was coretemp, it just turned off my computer. So i didnt open it anymore and its fine.

I had exactly this with a Striker & core temp its very strange & only a problem on ASUS boards !!!!!!!

im kinda haveing something like this problem happen 3 times.

its working fast and everything but sometimes it whould just loose power like it been shut off or when the lights go out from a storm.

first time was when i was runing coretemp so i took that off.

the 2nd time it was just siting at the desktop doing nothing.

and yesterday it did it while playing a game.

and the werid thing its not geting hot both cores staying at 46 while gaming.

tho it rarely happens.

but i still whould like to know the problem causeing it.

system is in sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Yulp temps will doit. Another thing is be sure the computer driver("Hal") in windows. Is set to load "Multiprocessor ACPI". In "Device manager" Under the "Computer" tab. I'm pretty sure that's the right driver. Going from a single to a dual core that driver needs to change too. (Windows may have done it for you but best to check it anyway)

gordesky1 -- I had the same problem at first, after deleting Core Temp 0.95. I think you have to delete any registry entries that may have been left behind. I partially solved my problem by using CCleaner. This worked and I was stable until I tried Core Temp 0.94. The problem came back so I think I have missed something. Core Temp 0.94 has always been stable for me so I’m hunting a way to clean it out completely.

Darkorb.. I would dump that TPII 550 watt psu asap.. I had one.. Garbage! They are all known for having a fluctuating/unstable 12v rail and with your new proc/video card combo you might be heading for issues.. Just open up any program that reads voltages on 12v rail and see how much it fluctuates under load.. Their dual rail design was found to be inferior to 3 and 4 rail designs (which is why they switched to 3 rails) and the parts they used on those psu's were garbage also..

Darkorb.. I would dump that TPII 550 watt psu asap.. I had one.. Garbage! They are all known for having a fluctuating/unstable 12v rail and with your new proc/video card combo you might be heading for issues.. Just open up any program that reads voltages on 12v rail and see how much it fluctuates under load.. Their dual rail design was found to be inferior to 3 and 4 rail designs (which is why they switched to 3 rails) and the parts they used on those psu's were garbage also..

I don't think it's fair to say ALL of them are crap. I've had mine for over a year and it's powered it's fair share of hardware with no problems at all. No need to get rid of it if it isn't the actual problem.