Sign in to follow this  
Darkorb

Computer turns off

To be honest i think it might be my motherboard. When i look in the back, the ETHERNET light does not seem to be on or flickering or anything, and when i look at my keyboard, the lights or anything don't turn on either, when they should be.

i did a 10 minute cmos clear

right now im freaking out, i dont no what to do

i bougght this motherbaord from NCIX, do i RMA it?

i dont udnerstand what happened, nothng has changed, i just reseated the CPU and the HEATSINK, thats it :'(

Maybe its the mobo or maybe the Antec PSU is not giving you enough juice? I fried two of them in the past and hate them! Would never buy Antec again even if they would be 2000W for 29.99 with 300A on 12V rail! That just me! :)

i got it for free from a contest, but i dont get it. I didnt change any part, its just the same parts reseated. and nnow nothing shows on my screen. i dont no whats going on.

could it be the cpu went bad? or the graphics called it quits? or the mobo fried? or that my PSU is junk?

i dont wana replace anything TBH, the CPU/MOBO are brand spankin new, well few months for the mobo

Mikey thanks alot for that post.

But what would explain that my computer wouldn't boot with it installed? After a few random shutdowns, it didnt boot.

Hey Mikey - thanks a million for the tip - things been drivin me crazy swappin parts for a week. I installed a new video card and thought it must be related - redid drivers twice and was just about to reload XP when I found your post. Seems stable now for about 2hrs under load. Whew! Relief!

Edit 5/20: Yep, been rock stable since deleting Core Temp .95

The shutdowns could be temp related, driver related, or something else. The fact that it's not booting up now might be because you have all four sticks of ram plugged in after a reboot. Absolutely, on my ultra-d, I need to have only 1 stick of ram in after a clear or it won't post. Pull all but one stick, power on and go into bios, load optimized defaults, power down, reboot and reconfigure the bios. Make sure the PSU is switched off or unplugged when you're pulling stuff out or putting it in.

Once you get your machine running, if it's still shutting down, swap in the old cpu (power off at the psu first), clear cmos while you're doing it, load optimized defaults in bios after first POST. I wouldn't put all the ram back in until you've got it stable with you're new cpu, because you might be clearing the cmos a lot and you don't want to have to take out all but one each time. I'd say it's too early to start blaming any of the components as having failed.

Do you have a buzzer or diagnostic LEDs on your board? Learn their codes and post what they're doing.

Or are you able to power up now? Now you're saying your PC is laggy after gaming...