Looking for great links.

Guest retratserif

Guest Retratserif

For those that do not know me, I have been here since I received a buggy Expert mobo. I recieved the best support anyone could ever ask for and a good reaming of Angry Games for not having a Sig. lol.

I come now asking for the best links on OC'ing Conroes. Not just normal ones, but those that cover a vass ammount of area. I have helped many people with new systems lately and starting on 5 new systems. I am collecting their information in a proper Rig Sig.

I will be going over FSB, Dividers, Async "unlinked" Timings, Voltages and Tempatures with them. So that they no what the standards and limits are. Keeping them well within a safe Zone. Now, I would like them all to be at 3.0 minimum anything over 3.4 is purely up to them. I will be helping them, but its overkill in my opinion.

Mother Board info atm.

DQ6 <-Bios is buggy, not been updated "FSB and Diveders not updating when changed" He may try again, I just need to get some more info.

EVGA 680i <- 2 of these.

Asus P5N-E SLI

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP

This is my thread were people from my Clan "Community" can go to get basic updated knowledge to help them decide on new PC parts.

> The Best PC info ever. Always updated!, Kill your inner PC noob.

Any OC information on either those motherboards or just great links in general for Conroe Based system It would be much appreciated.

I may add back in the AMD stuff if they ever get back up and start competing.

Thanks, you guys here personally are my best source of information. Also now OC's the way you guys do, showing all work and having it stable.

Guest Retratserif

No responce? Common, I know some of you guys have bookmarks that you look at or Quote.

I am also looking for some response on the DQ6 Bios issues.

I'll be able to throw you some stuff on 680i based overclocking shortly. I haven't been able to find much on the boards so I have been testing different ideas on my own. With the options in the 680i to link or unlink memory, set CPC 1T, HT overclocking etc etc it has become quite involved trying every different possible combination for the best performance.

There just isn't a whole lot of published information that goes beyond basic overclocking out there. Threads aren't what they used to be around the net either. Things are stated, someone disagrees, flame on, thread dies, repeat process....

Guest Retratserif

Yeah.. Thats what I have found. I typically like articles and reviews. I also hold what most of the stuff that gets posted here in high standards. Its that the majority of the OC's here have information backing it up and workarounds for common issues.

The 680i's have been giving issues around 480+ FSB at 5.5.5.5.15 though I just found that the ram was at 2.0. Meh, I am suggesting them to set it at 400 and 4.4.4.12 atm, but give the ram 2.1-2.1. They both have Coolermaster Cases with good fans. So the ram should be fine. I did suggest that they get a 90mm fan and clip it to the Ram. Or just get an aftermarket Ram Cooler like the Dominators have.

I just use the AMD stock Heatsink fan plugged into my CPU fan slot and have it directly on my ram. I use the 2 thermal probes that came with my asetek to get temps va asetek monitor software. Just jammed them down into the ramsink. So to see all temps, I use ITE, Asetek and Ati Tool. That gives me a full readout on 2nd monitor. One day I will get a mini LCD for that.

I see that you have the P5N32-E SLI. One of our guys just finished his rig with that mobo. He has a 6600 and Patriot Extreme 4.4.4.4.12 DDR-800. It should do 500 with ease at 5.5.5.5.15, but I will get to that later. I think they are all using the 9700 Zalman. All but the DQ6 guy has 8800's GTS's or GTX's and 700 watt OCZ's.

After we get all of the Mem Tests in at 400, 450, 475 and 500 in, I will see what looks to be a better start on the ram. I am stopping the OC'ing at 55c. Anything past that is there own thing. I will still help with FSB walls or instability that do not seem to be heat related, but not that much. I have told them anything over 3.4 is really just overkill.

Guest Retratserif

Just post it on up if you have it.

One of the 680i's are at 3.0. I have him running a few tests

333x9

Vcore 1.4

Ram @ 400 1.9v 5.5.5.5.15 atm.

I will have him to 4.4.4.4.12 then 3.3.3.3.8. I want to see how low it can go. That Patriot Extreme Cas 4 stuff is killer.

We are only going to Run Company of Heroes Performance Test as Benchmarks and Orthos as stability. He has his Temps under 40c at idle atm to. Well Orthos gets up to 55c, but no other application goes that high.