Tuniq Tower 120 vs Enzotech Ultra-X

I've only ran it with the fan on high. Matter of fact, I removed the rheostat so it always runs at full speed.

Installation is rough. Not that it's physically difficult to install. The mounting plate leaves a lot to be desired. It's difficult to keep the plate where it belongs to start the screws without the heatsink moving around and messing up the TIM application.

In spite of the small temperature differences, I think there is a difference. Fan direction. :) The enzotech has a fan that blows down on the board.. this can help tame a burning northbridge, overclocked ram, etc. I think I'll get an enzotech and send the si-128 I am getting to a friend. thanks for all the info.

The tuniq kicked the hell out of the zalman I had. However, install time for a zalman is a few minutes. the tuniq is a nightmare. It's near impossible to keep the mounting bracket in place so the heatsink doesn't move around, with the board outside the case. With it in the case, good luck even getting to the screws, much less turning them. :(

Well in my case, with my case personally.. blowing hot air to the back is better .. And for you guys blowing hot air downward is better ?

My psu is at the bottom, my back 120mm fan is takin hot air out.. my top 200mm fan is not on but it takes more air out.. my 2 front 120mm fan cages are blowin air in .. so the cpu blowin more air to the back (seems like a good idea since thats the direction of my flow) .. and soon i'm gonna get 2x120mm more 1 in the side case and 1 in the middle of case

the tuniq is a nightmare. It's near impossible to keep the mounting bracket in place so the heatsink doesn't move around, with the board outside the case. With it in the case, good luck even getting to the screws, much less turning them. :(

And here I thought it was just me. As good as it is it has to have the worst mounting system ever conceived.

I'm going to see what Anandtech has to say

fan is included too w00t ?

Just saw this on the Sycthe INIFINIty "Tool Free Easy Installation

Newly developed & "patent pending" mounting mechanism "VTMS (Versatile Toll-Free Multiplatform System) allows user to install the Infinity CPU Cooler without any tool and hassle. Infinity CPU Cooler is compatible for socket 478/754/939/940/AM2 & LGA775. All in one solution for your PC system." sounds good no ?

I've figured I'm probably not going to enjoy removing my mobo to mount the cooler.. Anyone agrees ?

If it's your only rig and you're as addicted to it as any enthusiast, then probably. Building and rebuilding is a lot more stressful when you don't have that quiet and familiar hush of your computer's fans to serenade you. :D

If it's your only rig and you're as addicted to it as any enthusiast, then probably. Building and rebuilding is a lot more stressful when you don't have that quiet and familiar hush of your computer's fans to serenade you. :D

hehe yes.. at least you understanding now :)

my only rig, my first build, just waiting for the new macbookpro to come out so i can buy a refurb one :)