Tuniq Tower 120 vs Enzotech Ultra-X

I haven't found a lot. I think the enzotech is the first air cooler that can whip the tuniq, but I can't find any definitive benchmark comparisons on any forums, or "official" reviews. If anyone has any, I'd love to see.

I doubt it that cooler beats the Tuniq in cooling..

But it would seem to. It's not too far-fetched because the reason it cools so well is because it has much larger heat pipes. The Tuniq could have eight times more fins and it wouldn't make much difference because it's limited by how fast it can transfer heat from the base to those fins.

Kevin ran dual SuperPi 32M, 3D01 Lobby high and unpacked a 3.8GB Winrar file. Ambient temps were kept at 24.4. Below are the average results. As with most high end heatsinks the difference isn't great. It would make no sense for someone owning one of these to purchase either of the other two.

Enzotech Ultra-X - 40.4

Noctua NH-U12F - 39.4

Tuniq Tower 120 - 41.8

Using google, it isn't difficult to determine that Kevin has extensive experience with consistent heatsink installation and ambient temperature control and has the necessary equipment to provide reliable measurements.

Unlike review sites, thee was no hidden agenda for posting these results. There is no need to post favorable results to keep a manufacturer happy or to increase hits. As Thasp has already noted, approved registration is required and even then most areas of the site are closed to viewing. These results were posted to be shared among friends, nothing more. So there is no reason for the results to be skewed one way or the other.

But it would seem to. It's not too far-fetched because the reason it cools so well is because it has much larger heat pipes. The Tuniq could have eight times more fins and it wouldn't make much difference because it's limited by how fast it can transfer heat from the base to those fins.

They might all beat it, but the price/perfomance should be kept in mind

The Tuniq has served me well since it was first introduced. Like anything else in life, the only guarantee there is while being #1 is that it only lasts for a finite time.

The Tuniq has served me well since it was first introduced. Like anything else in life, the only guarantee there is while being #1 is that it only lasts for a finite time.

Was it easy to install for you ?

How well does it col with fan on low?