Guys Read This Article!!!!!!

OMFG AMD IS GOING TO DIE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMJ!!!!!!! !

HOLYSHITJESUSJOSEPHANDMARYOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMOMG!!!!!!!

what EVER ARE WE GOING TO DO?????

me, i'm going to go KILL MYSELF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

goodbye cruel world, it's AMD's fault I took my own life!!!!!!!

He He! You should sue them for making you take your life and make some buck or two! :beer

You know the 939 paltform is trully a good platform....very mature and alot of fun...but in terms of technology it's been around longer than usual...

if you build a rig today it is outdated tomorro....nothing you buy is future proof...to say it is...is only fooling yourself...

People like the 939 for various reasons but most is because it is a good clocking platform...what other chip (AMD wise) has allowed a overclock like the 3800's and 165's we have seen so many of....

But you have to make room for better things in the chain of life...it's either get with the flow or stay on the porch...

I hit the trailing end of a platform for price reasons but it's very cost effective for me...and I like to play but as time goes...so does the stuff...;)

If AMD want the crown back then they will just have to dazzle the customer with something better than the C2D, and judging by the permanent cheesy :D grin on every C2D owner's face right now, they will have their work cut out for them.

I don't think AMD is losing so much money, they still have the best CPU's for people on a budget.

Not everyone is as crazy as we are, you know:tooth:

But damn, I'm waiting for Barcelona now. Have a feeling it's a nice project.

As said before its a cycle. If AMD plays AM3 right, they go on top. If AMD doesn't get AM3 going , then they wait for the next big release. Intel won this time because they played C2D well; AMD got the lead before because they played 939 well... AM3, C4Q(maybe?)......

• 2 weeks later...

Simple answer, there hasn't been a new 939 cpu created since the FX-60, around 2+ years ago, so why keep making boards for it? A few, yes, but there's no need to keep making new boards when there's no new cpu's coming out for it.

OEM's want AM2 and 775, and the OEM's pretty much dictate the availability of the market.