Want to over clock but in need of some help !

My System:

MoBo- DFI LanParty CFX3200 DR

CPU- Amd 64 bit 3500 (939) - Yes, i have modded the chip...

Memory- I have 2.0 gigs

Stick 1. 1 gig of pny 3200 memory ddr400

Stick 2. 2x512 of Samsung 3200 ddr 400 memory

Video Card- PowerColor Ati Radeon x800

Sata Drives- 1. maxtor 300 gig

2. maxtox 1.5 gig

Sound Card- Creative x-fi fata1ly extreme gamer pro

Speakers - Logitech z5300e

Os- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

So far I was able to get my cpu overclocked to 2.53 from 2.20 I set the fsb to 230*11=2.53. i raised my cpu voltage up to 1.50v but i think that is too much i will drop that to 1.40v tonight. any one help me out with the over clocking or am i okay so far?

I have not messed with over clocking my memory yet, not sure how to do that. so far i read that i can put the memory from 400 to 333mhz and i could raise the voltage to 2.60 or 2.65 that may help stability? any help with over clocking memory?

Thanks guys for any help or guides or programs that come my way!

Guest drteming

2 questions first:

What do you mean by "modded the chip"?

What power supply are you using?

Running different RAM modues will only bring you heartache. It is surprising that you even got the board to post.

Posting the timing of your RAM will help us help you greatly.

Read this religiously : http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Lastly, please make a sig per the forum rules.

okay i will get a sig per the forum rules sorry forgot to do that... for my power supply i will have to check when i get home i dont know off the top of my head right now. same thing for memory timmings. right now i have not messed with the memory settings left them as they were... yeah i still cannot believe i have the board running but it works and i have been up to 2.53 already. i wanna try raising the bus and lowering the multiplier to see if i can get more that way

Guest drteming
Sigs aren't actually required any more...just recommended when asking for help.

Doh! My bad. Haven't checked the rules in a while.

@tony8404: Once you get home, also post the specific model of the RAM modules. Again, the overclocking guide is your friend.

okay last night i had some internet problems so i wasnt able to post right away. but i found out that my memory timmings are 3-3-7 forgot to check the power supply and i will get the memory info tonight. but i was able to get my cpu overclocked from 2.20 up to 2.75 i set the htt to 250, multiplier at 11x, ldt multiplier 4x, and raised my voltage up to 1.50, for memory i changed it to 166mhz 5/6 , and raised voltage up to 2.69. so far seems really stable.. would i be able to get more out of the cpu if i raise the bus and lower the multiplier or am i good enough?

read the guide my freind read the guide.

find the max of your cpu then find the max of your ram this means at least 8 hours prime/orthos stable theres no point in getting the cpu to these speeds if your gonna crash every few mins,as the guide and everybody here will tell you it takes time to get the max overclock.even up to 2 weeks just to squeeze the very last mhz out of your system so take your time and be paitent about it.

if it were eazy even macs would be overclocked