Infinity 975X/G bios problem

Bought all these stuffs for building my new pc on last Tue:

- Infinity 975 X/G

- Intel C2D 6320

- Super Talent DDR2 667 1GB * 2

- Gigabyte 8600 GT (GV-NX86T256D)

- Seagate SATAII 320GB * 2

- Antec Neo 550W

The 975XG I'm having trouble now is the second one. The 1st one had the problem of bios setting lost once the psu was off. Changed the battery, still the same. Update to the latest bios, still no good. So I exchanged it today for a second one, and more problems, liked detected the wrong ram speed, after the psu is off, the pc will not boot at all, I have to clear the cmos. But all these problem occued after I updated the firmware using Winflash in Vista x86!! But the Winflash did the verification and stated the update was successful. Also, if I unplugged all harddisk, the pc started ok. So I'm suspecting some wrongful bios setting :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have installed Vista x86 with the first 975XG, and I set up raid0 with the 320GBs. So the harddisks are fine!! It really bugs me is that the problem only occurs when I turned the psu off!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem too with my Infinity 975G/X.

Changed the battery too but no go. My board was used when i bought it so i dont know when or why it start act like this.

I have Win XP on my PC.

Maybe you should try a CMOS reset, or flash it back.. Or just try flashing the new BIOS into it again..

Oh, I've read somewhere that flashing to a new bios is bad when the computer is OC'ed..

Maybe you should try a CMOS reset, or flash it back.. Or just try flashing the new BIOS into it again..

Oh, I've read somewhere that flashing to a new bios is bad when the computer is OC'ed..

Done, done, done and flashed bios with default settings.. No go. :drool:

Done, done, done and flashed bios with default settings.. No go. :drool:

Got through the manual, maybe some jumpers u want to switch.. Maybe u haven't hooked up the PSU in the right way.. :confused:

Well my problem is maybe gone. I did nothing to it but it didnt reset bios now when it was all unplugged. Only clock from bios was stopped in that unplugged time. Weird i say..