How Many Optical Drives Do You Actually Use?

THEnumber337

77 members have voted

1. 1.

• 5 or more

I have one in my computer. It's a dvd/cd burner, but recently after I tired to burn a cd it became a dvd only drive. It started making a constant high pitched sound while reading/writing cds shortly after I got it. It still handles dvds perfectly.

I had to burn vista raid drivers on a dvd because when I tried to burn it on a cd was exactly when it decided it didn't like them anymore. Now when I try to put a cd in all it does is spin to a high rpm and make rapid clicking sounds.

I'll put off getting a new one when blueray burners are in the 80$ range :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two drives in my main NF4 rig, a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D and a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-117. I use the rom drive still because although on paper it's as fast as the RW, in use it is much faster at reading. I do a lot of burning, and so far i've never had a toaster out of this drive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have two SATA DVD-RW drives. For $28 each on sale a newegg I could not go wrong. I like it for when I make copy's of CD's because when I buy a CD I copy it and burn it if needed and then the bought copy goes with the reast of my CD's not to be moved again for the most part.

Now that my new HU in my car has a USB port I no longer burn unless going in a different car for a road trip. I love a flash drive and a USB in my car.

I have had fun with freinds betting then I can put 70 cd in a space smaller then their finger.

I only use one cause I don't see the point to use 2.It is a waste of space power and a source of heat and noise added.1 is enough.I make images of the games so I'm more than happy with it and if it breaks it usually breaks within the warranty so a quick road to the place I bought it from and I get it replaced.

I have two SATA DVD-RW drives. For $28 each on sale a newegg I could not go wrong. I like it for when I make copy's of CD's because when I buy a CD I copy it and burn it if needed and then the bought copy goes with the reast of my CD's not to be moved again for the most part.

Now that my new HU in my car has a USB port I no longer burn unless going in a different car for a road trip. I love a flash drive and a USB in my car.

I have had fun with freinds betting then I can put 70 cd in a space smaller then their finger.

Yup I've got a JVC in my car that has a usb plug. With a 2 gig flash drive that is plenty to last me for quire awhile until I need to change it up a little with different bands.

nice, I just got my Kenwood eXcelon HU with USB port... KDC-X491 cause it was only $119. Get it home and it's been used already and has fingerprints and is missing the mounting hardware :-( I need to take it back... It was the only one, so I might demand the next model up (X791) for the same price :-) lol