How Many Optical Drives Do You Actually Use?

THEnumber337

77 members have voted

1. 1.

• 5 or more

I use 2 sata opticals in my sig. I use one for the game of the day and the other for anything else I need to do. Be it burn, rip or transfer files, and its nice having a second drive when backing up discs.

As for the desktop optical drive enclosures I have seen external sata compatible ones.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this computer I only use one optical drive. It is a HP DVD/CD burner. It works great for both. I don't do enough burning to necessitate more.

I have a CD burner in my older rig, also.

ive almost always had 2 drives, but the dvd burner in my dads pc died so i let him use my crappy one and then his cd rom drive stopped working on his computer so i took it and put it in mine and it works fine. ive actually only used one drive in the past year or so, the only reason i would used both is if im copying something.

• 1 month later...

I have two drives in my main computer, a LG GDR8164B IDE DVD-ROM and a Lite-On LH-20A1L SATA DVD burner. I only use the burner to burn discs and the reader to read them, because every burner that I read discs on fairly regularly died pretty quickly, and I read in a few different places that using the same drive for reading and writing is hard on the laser assembly. The first burner that I used to read stuff as well died in three months :P.

Guest navinjohnson

I use an old HP cd-writer plus and a Pioneer combo burner. I've always had two drives just so I have the option of burning from one disc straight to another.