Sign in to follow this  
stringerB

Celeron=775?

I am working on building my kids a computer out of two nonworking Emachines T2692's. After looking around on Newegg for a while, I found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128027. The Emachines have Celeron 2.6 processors which are socket 478, but the Gigabyte product page says that the 2.6 will fit in it's skt 775 board. I am not familiar with the Intel lineup, and am confused about the 478 and 775 thing. Will it work?

If so, then I will be able to recycle the Ballistix DDR500 and X800XT AIW from an old AMD machine, which should run Lego Star Wars just peachy.

Thanks for any advice!

I did read that thoroughly. I guess my question is how does a skt 478 fit in a 775? And, what is the difference between the Celeron, and the CeleronD?

A socket 478 CPU will not fit in a Socket 775 board.

Now, that is what I thought, and didnt see how it would, but it is listed on the CPU list.

I did spend some time on google, but apparently it was being cantankerous and not giving me what I needed. After reading the above link about the lightening fast speeds produced by the Celeron, I will be replacing the skt754 MB.

Thanks for the replies!

Celeron D is not the same as a plain Celeron.

If you could provide the lines of text on the top of your IHS we can all be sure.

Sign in to follow this