Feature request: force 1333 strap

Hello.

My motherboard is a 975X/G, running @ 370FSB. At the wall. It's very hard to push behind it, since the mobo is using a 1066 strap. This means enhanced timings when running on low FSB, for enhanced performance. The board however, doesn't switch towards the 1333 strap (loose timings for high FSB's) when going > 400fsb. Thats why a lot of the 975X boards cant go there without a voltmod and stay stuck on the 370FSB wall.

I wondered if DFI could make a option in an upcoming bios release, to force the board / NB to 1333 strap (looser timings) in order to achieve a much higher overclock and putting DFI on the top of OCing boards once again.

Plz tell me if I need to post this elsewhere, or need to mail it or so.

Thanks in advance,

eX.

P.S. Sorry for my English I'm Dutch :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello.

My motherboard is a 975X/G, running @ 370FSB. At the wall. It's very hard to push behind it, since the mobo is using a 1066 strap. This means enhanced timings when running on low FSB, for enhanced performance. The board however, doesn't switch towards the 1333 strap (loose timings for high FSB's) when going > 400fsb. Thats why a lot of the 975X boards cant go there without a voltmod and stay stuck on the 370FSB wall.

I wondered if DFI could make a option in an upcoming bios release, to force the board / NB to 1333 strap (looser timings) in order to achieve a much higher overclock and putting DFI on the top of OCing boards once again.

Plz tell me if I need to post this elsewhere, or need to mail it or so.

Thanks in advance,

eX.

P.S. Sorry for my English I'm Dutch :)

This site is no longer run by anyone affiliated with DFI.

Try here but I seriously doubt they will get it done. http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/index.php