RS482 Infinity / Opty 144 / You guys are the experts

As a new owner of DFI mobo, I decided that you guys would be the experts, so Ill try to do my best to outline my troubles.

The components I have are listed in my sig.

Overclocking on this board has been a headache of huge proportions. I have set HT/Cpu multi/Ram dividers at the lowest settings, everything else is auto. The highest fsb I can get booted into windows is 250. When I get there CPUz reports that my cpu multi is 9x, when I know for a fact I set it at 4x. The NB/SB are running around 60c (At all times oc'd or not) -

So I get a 250fsb. I restart, enter the bios, and change the memory to be at DDR 416. which is not a huge overclock from the base of 400.

The bios than fails boot until the fsb gets below 220ish.

During normal operation at stock speeds, I have no trouble aside from the hot MB/SB

If anyone has any knowledge of this low fsb issue, please fill me.

I am unsure of the bios I am using, and if someone with similar board/setup is having great success, please let me know the release date. Ill try anything at this point.

Many thanks in advance.

J

I have an RS482 as well. But I am using a 3400+ (2.2GHz/800MHz FSB/512k L2).

I tried overclocking it to about 2.4GHz yesterday and it would always reboot in the middle of the XP startup screen. Temps were the same in bios so it can't be overheating. I am keeping my memory at or below DDR400 speed.

As for mobo settings, they are at the optimized defaults.

Overclocking on this board has been a headache of huge proportions. I have set HT/Cpu multi/Ram dividers at the lowest settings, everything else is auto. The highest fsb I can get booted into windows is 250. When I get there CPUz reports that my cpu multi is 9x, when I know for a fact I set it at 4x.

Because of this pretty confusing part: have you read the guide? http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Your description make me think you have misunderstood some of the options in BIOS. Load optimized default as a starting point and then compare against the guide while you change some basic settings.